1. Click here to join our community discord server.

PR-VS Important Issues Discussion!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angel, Jan 21, 2014.

1. erik

erik MG Donor

Re-read my original post... it explains a lot of the stuff here in summary.

HLX is full of farmers and artificially bloated numbers so I'm starting to get further and further away from that idea. I think it should ONLY be about level average and head count.

Nothing should trump the electified knife.

We should not add reasons to target low levels.

2. Tom1993

Tom1993 Head Administrator Staff Member

I think we can all agree that VS favours high levels, and that does discourage lower levels to play. For example, I've heard some lower levels playing coop say they don't really want to play VS because they are low levels and don't stand a chance. But let's get to the point.

We definitely need some sort of scramble because the teams are always un-balanced. I really like the idea of having a scramble system that mixes the teams based on average level.

Ride control, I just have to say that I really hate it when I'm not able to use a knife on some points that are really lethal, we can take the roof on no mercy for example, this just makes it really easy for the boomers to slap us all to death. Something needs to be done about it.

3. sk3ith90

sk3ith90 Member

well vs always for high lvl people when all high lvl players online... but we all was a low lvl too before we became high lvl, and we survived that hell... honestly low lvl players nowadays is already have all easy way to become a high lvl by many things in coop, i saw so many people reach 200 or 215 in no time...
    i reached 215 for around 1 or 2 years + when my lvl is still low i played in vs all the time, and yeah i raged quit once when i started playing in vs, get kicked because idk how to pass the tank~ i didnt upgrades anything because i dont know about !cp :P

well for some low lvl players or new players i found in vs, i always told them that mgftw also have coop servers to lvl up.. and some people actually try the coop server...

so i do think dont worry too much about low lvl in vs~ just told them to try coop and lvl up~ if they enjoy the server and achieve high lvl they will comeback to play vs... there's also some people from coop server playing vs lately... :3

well thats what i thought :)

4. erik

erik MG Donor

In non-peak hours low levels make up 60-75% of the server.

Also, high levels who are maxed out will not sustain MG. New blood, new donors, new booster buyers, they will. I credit good community management, helpful gamers and most importantly... good development for keeping a 5 year old game as busy as we have it.

All slots are equally valuable. If nothing else, noobs are high priority and need to be nurtured. Reference a thread I wrote a while back called Treatment of Low Level Players.

5. ughgh

ughgh Junior Member

New players also tend to be bad at absorbing information or following the etiquettes/rules of the server - rushing out of the saferoom only to run back and use kits as survivor, or killstealing as infected. This, in turn, leads to endless frustration and many of them are unlikely to improve as team players (as the regulars either get frustrated or berate them or leave them behind). While bot mains eventually teleport, new players are pretty much helpless when it comes to judging the pace of a VS game. There is also the issue of takeovers (very often they die to a car only to get rolled over again, killing off all the available bots one by one) and constant joining/leaving which messes up the order of mains.

I'd like to see some tooltips when opening safe doors or picking up people slowly in a fire or self-healing in the middle of nowhere below a certain level threshold, or possibly bounty/xp reward for saving new players and demonstrating team cohesion of some sort. Again, co-op does this much better than versus - not to drive them away or anything, but an automated referral message to the other game modes (say when they die repeatedly or level up) would be good.

6. Ben [?ØP]

Ben [?ØP] Guest

Yea, the team balancing system is just making the players feeling angry, just like my experience yesterday, both me and skeith in a team with one more lv180 player, and then the rest of our teammates were ranging from lv3-lv30, and our team needed to fight with a team with over 7 200+ players, and this team had been kept for the whole map, which means many rounds, I don't know what can I say at that moment, and that lv 180 player then left, and saying the team is unbalanced, but me and skeith still need to fight with the other team, I think it was my worst experience in VS server regarding the team balancing issue,lol! Indeed, may be the team balancing system can take this formula to count for the points of each single player for considering which team that the player need to be put: (points in Hlstats)X0.5 + (level of the player)X0.3 + (times of picking up the teammates)X0.2

The first 2 factors are for preventing the low lv players are put into the same team, and the third one is for preventing too many rushers are put into the same team, since rushers will ever leave their teammates behind and seldom reviving their teammates. Although I don't know if this is workable and can be added to the balancing system, but at least, I think it's better than just making the average toward the level of the players and head count: )

Regarding the buff related issues, yea, I do agree with Duncan that the ride control buff can set a delay buffer, and after that buffer, survivors can use their knife to kill the jockey, otherwise, jockey with ass boost and another OP combination, just like charger with ass boost.

For the pipe trap, it's really an OP buff, I use it always, it can kill 2-3 infected at once, I know many players hate traps, including myself, but the reason of why that I use it is due to the reason that some of the rest are using it, so I do agree with bing that the range is needed to be reduced.

Toward the ass boost, it is really an OP buff, and 500% is just too much, and what angel mentioned is really a good suggestion, if you kill a lv80, you got 80% boost, and killed a lv 215, got 215% boost.

However, toward the shaman skills, I think the mutation is already enough for killing survivors, if the tank fire is added, with the mutation range, survivors are deadly, it will make the game become more imbalanced, so the skills that a shaman tank have is already enough.

7. Abstract

Abstract MG Donor

agree with the most from you ben but sorry with shaman i must disagree the fire is in you panel when you have shaman and dissable it is not a option then hc must overthink that and bring it back in a reduced way of damage and what you mean with mutation range lol there is no range i must stant on the survivors face when he is 3 feet away nothing happen when i trigger it and most of the people have mutation shield and you are all free to get it with ingame cash or buy it on shop so mutation is not a reason to let the fire disabled forever

8. Duncan

Duncan New Member

Shaman is the weaker tank of versus now, and I get that no one wants a OP tank, but i waste a buff slot to get 2 or 3 shamans in 8 hours of game. The only offensive power shaman have is to trigger mutation in a very limited ratio (you have to stand over them or right next to them, 1 step away and they are safe), but the claw damage is the same as the baby tank, and you have only 1/3 of the baby tank regen. Also you can't buy stuff like slow down survivors or witches or bile. And like Abstract said, many vs players have shield so mutation doesn't work on everyone.

I'm sure that there are many ways to improve it, but as I said the first time this does only affect a few of us so it will never be a priority, therefore I'm not expecting any significant change, but at least I wanna explain my point of view: If this tank wasn't meant to be a little better than the others then why make it so damn expensive ? It's not a secret that I used boosters to get it, but also (as everyone knows) I played for like 10 hours a day back then to get the cash, so it wasn't a gift. If this tank really disrupt versus then remove it and talk to us about a compensation but leave it as it is doesn't seems fair.

And poison rate is super high again, today I got poisoned 5 times straight ( as soon as the previous ended :S ), and over 10 times in one round always by players not witches (don't know if I miscounted, but I think it was around 14 times). And there is no way to get shields for poison like it is for mutation ( gems + cash ), so I find this a bit too much annoying.

It's a level based server :S ofc high levels will have more benefits.......(..........) Low lvls who complain about that, can either try other modes in MG like VI for example, or play in coop to lvl up faster, or like most of us did in the past get our ass kicked until we reach lvl 156 to buy negociator to play versus more confortable.

I started here playing VI, then moved to pr vs where the high levels in Chicago VS had no mercy for noobs like me, but at the same time there were high levels in my team who were coming back for me all the time, and despite I got killed 39085390805 times the first nights, I learn by watching in spec how the others moved around.

They have to adapt to versus, not us adapt to them because they want it to be easy like coop and go noobing around checking the houses and every inch of the map instead of moving forward and staying near the group.

I realize this may sound like I'm disagreeing with what Erik said before but I'm not, new players are always welcome in versus and there is always someone there willing to answer their questions, and help them move with the team just as long as they understand that in versus you have to move forward and stay near the others to survive. If the high levels ignore them is because they were trolling or breaking any of the rules of vs (switching / killstealing / starting stupid votes).

And for the record, the past few days I saw many new guys joining and willing to adapt to the server, asking a lot of questions about the skills, about how to play, and being good teamplayers, in fact a new guy lvl 30 or so go back half map to help me from a smoker (which is more than I could expect from half of the vs veterans-.-) so I don't see a problem with new people in versus other than bad scrambles/assassination boost and some cases of bad attitude. But this is just my opinion so I could be wrong.

9. Ben [?ØP]

Ben [?ØP] Guest

As I didn't play as a shaman, so I don't really know what is it like being a shaman, but from my observations, a shaman need at least a baby tank to protect, or survivors can kill it easily with the magnum. With what I mentioned in the previous, I said mutation with tank fire is deadly is just because tank fire in coop can instant kill a survivor, it's just too OP, if it is added to VS, it's really imbalanced. However, if the damage of the shaman claw is just like a baby tank and only 1/3 of health can be regenerated, honestly, the shaman tank is just too weak, and I know many of you spent a lot of time in coop to get this buff with X10 boosters. I appreciate that MG keep updating the buffs and fixing the bugs that made the game being more fun and enjoyable, but it seems that if the shaman is a weak tank, then, why does it cost that expensive? maybe the claw damage and health regeneration is needed to be increased, and the tank fire can be added for extra health regeneration or kind of like absorbing the health from survivors, e.g. 5-10% from each survivor, since shaman tank is a special tank that know magic, so I think it might be a solution for making the shaman being more stronger but keeping the game being balanced

10. Duncan

Duncan New Member

You can try the shaman by using my acc someday if you want to check it. The fire that I was proposing was different from the one in coop, with 0 damage for incap ppl. maybe giving it more regen, or more claw damage or some other thing idk. We are not asking to turn it into a supreme shaman like the one in coop... but it should be much stronger, or at least not the weakest. In order to keep the game balanced we are suggesting to remove OP buffs from both sides, lowering the power of some buffs also helps new guys to have a better game experience.

11. Abstract

Abstract MG Donor

and a other buff for me to say something about is the anti bile buff for tanks dont know the correct name but i find its schould only work for bile yars and maybe pipes that the tank dont get crushed by traps but not for mollies why it work for mollies too i mean high lvl tank dont get on fire by it and with a full team where you stand in spit and all common infected chasing you you cant really move and stick all time in this shit after you make tanks 100 % immune to melee what i dont understand we have any time magnum or pistols but with that you have no chance to leave such positions so i think this buff schould not include mollies to give us the chance to run free around the tanks and with that i dont mean let us rush maybe iam the only who think that ?

12. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

I want to apologize that it took me so long to start reading this thread. I'll begin working on the changes on this precise moment.

13. Penguin

Penguin Guest

I have been reading this thread but have not given any input on it, however i feel i should ask...what changes are you going to make?

14. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

I'd agree on the projectile incinerator buff, perhaps also make it work more with bile, at the expense of destroying mollies?

also, cheers man! It's a volunteer job, but you guys do one hell of a job. Keep it up :)

15. tank

tank MG Donor

i am not a gay but i love u man :)
    [​IMG]

16. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

don't lie man, we're all a wee bit gay here

17. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

Well, I'm trying to figure a way out to balance teams. I think I'll either retrieve the level or the hlstats rank and do a couple comparisons.

The idea i have is the following:

-Automatically scramble teams maintaining balance on each campaign start
    -Swap players on round start if teams are unbalanced (score difference, player count difference and/or level difference).

18. tank

tank MG Donor

[​IMG]

19. Duncan

Duncan New Member

20. Angel

Angel MG Donor

Perhaps we could have a small update on how things are going..?