1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

PR Tank Rush?

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Afroassassainx, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Ping

Ping Guest

Any time would be good. :P

2. szSteam_76561198049914430

szSteam_76561198049914430 Last Online: 39 hrs, 42 mins ago

In Prev , will be start from lv.1 whit nothing?

Or we will have the same lv. and things we have in PR?

3. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

Prev is different from PR with few custom things like weapons, Hell Tank and there was a also a custom map (not sure if its completed), therefore you will start from level 1.

4. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

It's a totally new way of playing. PRev at first might seem similar to PR, but the two are nothing alike. If you wanted to catch a glimpse of the PRev tank rush, you can do so at the end of this video.

Please do remember that the work on PRev was scrapped for L4D2: DC (aka Infection Military).

PR vs. PRev
    - both have levels, points, experience
    - PRev has True Skill (players must be a certain level and a certain skill to use an upgrade)
    - True Skill is how skillful you are (same algorithm used in Halo 3), and it can go up or down
    - PRev has 11 different tank types + 1 custom Hell Tank, while PR has a few too
    - PRev has custom weapons (e.g. the Ice Sword if you download the DLC)
    - PRev has Player vs Player modes. For example, 16 survivors get split into two teams and verse each other playing Team Deathmatch, Free for All, and Capture the Flag (requires a DLC download however)
    - Both support custom dynamic music/sounds on top of the MG CDS hMOTD
    - PRev is fully compatible with Helms Deep with automatic EXP control (I think PR too now)
    - PRev has 20 different items you can pick off the floor besides toasters
    - PRev has 8 different killstreaks
    - + new toasters and game modes
    - PR is done and nearly bug-free, and HC is awesome. PR is worked on by HC and PRev was me and hawk

I could keep on going, but the above are what I have completed so far. You have to remember that PRev was started by L1teHawk and then later picked up by me, so don't give me that much credit. I scrapped PRev for L4D2: DC/Infection Military, which is possibly the most advanced mod I have written to date with dynamic missions and GUI control. That one's on hold until my school work lightens up though...

5. Ping

Ping Guest

This might sound like a noob question, but is it going to be released onto public servers? (If so, when?)

6. lukemurawski

Not really. I might hold an event or so with it, but I don't plan on releasing it to public servers. I don't have time to keep it bug-free and compatible between new l4d2 updates.

I used to hold beta tests, and a lot of you played pre-alpha tank rush and really enjoyed it. Your enjoyment motivated me to keep working on it. I eventually created a surv vs surv battle system (very similar to CoD gameplay) with automatic respawning and such, all while keeping the game mode completely integrated into PRev. Eventually I finished the hell tank demo (the real one-- not like the one in the video) but it was too buggy but hell lotta fun. Then I sorta messed up on MG with several of our admins, and I got caught, and then they found out that I stole hawk's account, and hawk found out, and I got screwed for a long time, but I'm back now.

7. szSteam_76561198049914430

szSteam_76561198049914430 Last Online: 39 hrs, 42 mins ago

Oh yeah , we'll have a CoD : L4D2 , my favourite games in one :D.

Prev sounds awesome , i hope we will get it soon.

8. TJ

TJ MG Donor

:? All this time, I thought you were L1tehawk with a different name lol

9. lukemurawski

I'm just a hawk wannabe :D

EDITED BY CHORALATION TO MAKE IT SEEM MORE JOLLY AND TO FIX GRAMMAR ISSUES :)