1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

PR Tank Rush?

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Afroassassainx, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Zsoka

Zsoka Senior Member

Would everyone be the same level, or what they have in PR now? It would be interesting to see if the tanks would kill one by one or try to block the mains who would give the most points.

2. i think that keeping PR's system would be nice, and those complaining about tank farming for survivors, i think that more people would be running trying to survive, than killing the massive amount of tanks.

3. atreyucore

atreyucore Senior Member

wat they have now thats the point. Its challenging and only the mains would count on making points. If you low lvl so be it. They usually run anyways so it makes sense for them to keep running. If tanks were 6k health they'd die like nothing. Its more work trying to develop something where u have to change health and stats and everything then just letting PR ppl have their stats and just adding a tank rush. Its quite simple and less of a hassle of ppl complaining. like OMGGGG tank is to strong OMGGG lower tank health OMGG blah blah blah. The point is u deal with wat u have or get better. Eaither way a lvl210 dies like nothing if infected team knows how to play well so he/she is like a lvl1 in a way anyways. Tanks need to be overpowered, tanks need to give survivors that rush like DAMN i need to get my ass out of here. Not be like oh he only got 6k health ill just throw a molly and run cause he cant catch me and let him burn to death. This is about surviving in the most unreasonable way possible which is why its fun cause wen u do succeed, it feels good. Theres no survivors are overpowered or infected is tooo overpowered cause both sides get the same chance. Less complaining with ppl wen u actually try to do something for them and they tell u to change this and change that. Forget that, tank rush with w/e skills u got, u die u die deal with it no ones gonna cater to no one. Thats wat other servers are for to level up. The more u cater to trying to make things equal in a tank rush server the more ppl will think they need to complain like oh its not so fun, or its to hard. If you just throw it out there randomly and be like go for it have fun w/e happens happens. Ppl are gonna wanna accomplish wat seems impossible and theres no complaining cause thats how the game goes. You just have to deal with it.

4. you're right atreyu but tanks blocking the path would be an issue cause in tank rush tanks appear ahead of survivors sometimes too far ahead giving them many time to block a door making surviving almost impossible even with rushing same with tanks inside saferoom tthat makes chance of surviving almost 0 in my oppinion

5. atreyucore

atreyucore Senior Member

yeah thats the point though survivors arent suppose to survive in a tank rush, They just have to make it far and if they do manage to survive well thats a extra 25 points. If a tank is inside the saferoom well lock him in and let him loose control lol and take the risk of waiting. Its all about planning how to gonna beat this. Also if they block a door well crawl pass them and self revive. Know wen to use ur healthpack. Tanks will always spawn ahead of u, if they spawn behind then well they cant catch u and all u would to do is run.. Thats no fun, if they spawn ahead of u, ur like awwww crap lets see how technical i can get to avoid these guys and make it pass them. Both teams will get the same chance its just who plays smarter. Who has the better skillz to avoid. Its about mind games now on whos the better tank/survivor. Ive played alot of tank rush servers, zombie bean server was one. It was all about mind games and how u gonna avoid tanks and make it like a boss. Not a imma just own this tank cause im tight like that then move on to the next.

6. yeah, you're right, nevermind me then anyways im up for a tank rush if marvel and hc aprooves count me in

7. Traxx

Traxx MG Donor

With ParaTraxx? :becky:

8. Kamikaze901

Kamikaze901 Member

I was involved in the tank rush and it was loads of fun. We actually won our round so it isn't impossible. Just depends on the map.

9. Ping

Ping Guest

I would.

The survivor skills and upgrades are the essential part of PR really... 10 second revive = :smow:

I use to play in a Tank Rush server, where the tanks could climb walls and it was pretty fun especially with alltalk on and lots of people talking.. :P

10. Zsoka

Zsoka Senior Member

We could really use the server, did it this morning for EU VS and the server crashed after two maps (sorry!). Won't be doing it again, but mostly everyone had fun though.

11. atreyucore

atreyucore Senior Member

U probaly spawned like 20 tanks lol or just bad timing cause it hasnt crashed on me

12. Captain Obviuos

Captain Obviuos MG Donor

Well, what do people want, I mean, metal skin, fire immunity -- a good lvl 200+ tank can pwn survivors already. While I do not say you should not do it -- you know me, I say BRING IT :biggrin1: -- I can already hear the other side of the argument, which is: Lower-level players have to be given a fighting chance, too.
    An exception could be made if all the players are above, say, level 100; I figure if somebody has made it that far the attitude should be "Welcome to the Big Leagues, son!"

13. Cocaine

Cocaine Head Administrator

hmmm...

14. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

HC, I have already incorporated Tank Rush into PRev with team level distribution. Let me know if you want that code.

15. zipper17

zipper17 Senior Member

thats mean 10 surv vs 10 tanks ?
    crazy, there will be many tanks blocking ladder/path, tanks fight in saveroom, etc.

i have other idea how about add 'Hunter City' race server, its awesome,,
    all be a hunter(16 player like coop) and race to get the fastest time on 'hunter city'(its compatible both l4d1 & l4d2),,

what is look like hunter city, this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwdO6RQKPng

16. Traxx

Traxx MG Donor

Low levels can get a chance to be a tank. I bet the server will be full if approved.

17. SergeantNathan

SergeantNathan Junior Member

"My name is SergeantNathan, and I support this message."

(Paid for by the friends of SergeantNathan)

18. szSteam_76561198049914430

szSteam_76561198049914430 Last Online: 39 hrs, 42 mins ago

It could be good , but boring after some hours, play the same thing for more than an hour is boring . I'd like a vote on every start of campaing for do tank rush in Pr vs....

19. zackno

zackno MG Donor

sickest, thats madness

20. Ping

Ping Guest

Maybe you could make it so survivors can pass through tanks, so the tanks can't block? :P Of course, only if this is implemented.