1. Click here to join our community discord server.

[PR] Event Server

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Jul 27, 2014.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Alright we're trying Suicide Blitz 2, since Death from Above was constantly crashing. Subscribe to the official workshop files here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128428201

188.165.216.187:27020 mgftw.com | Death from Above Event (COOP)

Have fun!

Oh btw server stats are fully counted including HLStatsX!!

2. marvel

Sorry guys, campaign was very unstable, kept crashing.

I'll try something else. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

3. marvel

4. xx_leonidas_xx

xx_leonidas_xx Junior Member

We want Helms deep reborn!:smiley-angry037:

5. erik

erik MG Donor

HD either has a new version, or something has changed. It can't handle PR. Marvel already tried.

6. dT_Tb

dT_Tb Member

Thanks for the effort admin team :)
    I believe most members would be happy to test any campaigns for you XD

7. erik

erik MG Donor

Thanks, we really appreciate this.

Well, to be honest, here's what I was looking for when trying to figure out an appropriate/reasonable event map(s) -
    - Needs to be available in Workshop,
    - Needs to be reasonable file size (around the size of HD for example,)
    - Needs to be relatively small to medium size in duration of each map. (Warcelona and Back To School-type campaigns' maps are way, way, way too large to handle PR.)

If you find something that fits this criteria and is, ideally, only 1 or 2 maps in length, let us know. Or, you can send me the map name & link as a private message on here. Just click on my name above the avatar in this post, and "send private message."

I am always happy to do a playthrough in advance to see if it is a good idea or good fit. Good to know you guys are willing to help, also. Marvel said something earlier about possibly upgrading our Sourcemod version at some point. Perhaps that will help.

Sometimes unforeseen hiccups can happen. We WILL get you guys a cool event server going.

8. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

It's great to play different campaigns in PR conditions, so the work to get this going again is great.

I'll root around in my addons folder and see if I can't jog my memory. :):)

9. dT_Tb

dT_Tb Member

10. erik

erik MG Donor

Hello!

I am assembling a team of PR Testers. If you are interested, and want to dedicate some time to this, please add me on Steam.

Whether you are here for 5 minutes, or an hour, every tester's slot is equally valuable. We need to make our server stable so we can provide you with the PR-COOP event server we have planned.

Expect to see:
    - Intermittent Crashes (to help guage server limits and the compatibility of the addon map with PR.)
    - Needing to rejoin manually on each crash.
    - Some replication of previous problems to help minimize crashes.
    - A sneak peak at what the event map will look like with our addictive PR mod. :P

Thank Marvel when you see him around on here. He took time out of his busy IRL schedule to make sure we had this opportunity.

Again, if you're interested in helping test this out, add |MG| erik on steam.

If I do not accept your add immediately, I will soon.

11. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Get on this people! If we want to have an event server for us ALL to enjoy, we've got a fantastic chance to get the issues ironed out.

New PR maps... :D

12. erik

erik MG Donor

13. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

I'm always happy to help :)

Gotta sleep for work tomorrow just now tho but i'll help out any time I can if needed :)

14. Penguin

Penguin Guest

is this server still a thing? or has gone now

15. Tom1993

Tom1993 Head Administrator Staff Member

Gone until further notice I guess, side note - whenever you bring it up again, don't hesitate to invite me to try out something if I'm available.