1. Click here to join our community discord server.

[PR-COOP] Tank difficulty reforming?

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Stefeman, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Just an open idea i have..

At the moment, all that happens is basically increasing or decreasing tanks health or modifying it's punch and rock damage that is between "1-100", or adding new abilities for them. (But i just love the bomber tank myself.. xD)

What happens now is basically, that survivor gets incapped when punched by a tank and just gets up for god knows how many times.. I find this quite unreal that a shaman has to incap you for 5+ times before you finally drop dead lol..

What if... The special tank (paranoia or higher in coop) would actually reduce your "knockback" multiplers. For example, if you can be incapped and revived for 4 times before you really die, how about giving the tank ability to "hit you so hard" that you would be able to be helped up only 2 times in total.. (1 incap = 2x incaps). This would quickly make people more organized about tanking down the tank instead of shooting it from all directions while running. Also, this would allow us to lower the average damage a punch or rock does.

Tell me any thoughts about this.. (If it's good or bad idea)

Free discussion requested :P

2. Cocaine

Cocaine Head Administrator

I would appreciate when the Knight doing Earthquakes faster than hes doing now, instead of that hes following the next attacking Player. Easy Reward....in my Eyes ;)

Also please bring back the SI during the Tank Time.....

3. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Hmm I don't know about this, the fact that you can be incapped 4 times means you've upgraded that skill because I think the game default is 2. So you're gonna let people upgrade their skill and then you're gonna create certain situations where the upgrade doesn't work.

That would make it very confusing.

Sorry Stef don't like it one bit :P

4. erik

erik MG Donor

Stefeman always has clever, insightful and very true-to-the-numbers ideas.

However, this would make us careen into the realm of serious over-modding.

For the same reason, that is why we will not add things like Charger Steering to PR.

5. Stefeman

Hahah :D

I just realized how stupid that idea was.. :P

More like: 90% of my ideas are just grounding for better ideas :P

6. MetallicA

MetallicA <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

That means you'll get black & white faster, so for those who got Moribund Farming buff... well,... :D

7. klarnetbass22

klarnetbass22 Member

I think it would be way to difficult. Dying after 3 incaps, even fighting para would become challenge especially with raising price of health items.

But if it was time based for example you get incaped teammate helps you and you would have to wait 2 (any figure) seconds before next incap or you will go b/w next time.

8. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

We have to make the tanks more deadly without making survivors weaker. The paranoia could have some boost in power as it's not really feared anymore. Same as the shaman, his kingdom of terror is gone now! :'(

The only crazy ass ones now are the new tanks but older ones still need attention c_/

9. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

We should all be fearful of this. :smiley-signs093:

10. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

Let's look at the Paranoia tank and the actual definition of Paranoia..

par·a·noi·a(pr-noi)n.
    1. A psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur, often strenuously defended with apparent logic and reason.
    2. Extreme, irrational distrust of others.

Let's use definition 2 to describe a new ability

The Paranoia could project this distrust out every 20 seconds, which will increase survivors friendly fire damage.

Why? At the moment, people can run around freely spamming their gun into each other in the hope of hitting the tank. Well, let's increase FF by about 50% or higher for 10 seconds and see how many people get incapped because of it.

It takes roughly 4-5 mins to kill a Paranoia, so in that time you could end up with 5-6 people incapped/dead because of FF. Now you actually have to aim at the tank and be especially careful where you shoot. Let's not forget, the Paranoia will use Earthquake when people are incapped, making this even more difficult if precaution isn't taken.

A second option or ability uses definition 1 as it's basis. "A psychotic disorder characterized by delusions".. what if on tank hit you become infected with a drug effect that causes "delusions" (maybe some psychedelic effect, not too insane to cause nausea but maybe change the particles and things to be not normal during this state).

11. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

Shaman new or upgraded abilities

Defensive:
    Invisible after his teleport for 5 seconds
    Freezes the nearest player for 3 seconds with a 2min cooldown time
    Spawns 2 baby tanks when it reaches 50,000HP and 3 baby tanks when it reaches 25,000HP (depending how fast you get it to 25K, you could end up with 5 baby tanks and a Shaman) NOTE: Baby tanks give no finale toasters during Shaman battle

Offensive:

Tornado Slap: throws the survivor back like the boomer slap if survivor is inside a certain radius and using revive on an incapped player. More powerful than boomer slap, so landing from height will incap or kill.

Firestorm: Sets the closest survivor(s) on fire but does not cause damage to that player, the player will cause FF burn damage to anyone inside a set radius. If you are on fire and another survivor is on fire, you will cause damage to each other.

Moribund Hunter: If using Moribund Farming buff and you are B&W during Shaman battle, Shaman will target you for 12 seconds if you get inside a certain radius

Mutation: needs an upgrade, maybe if you help a mutated player off the ground you have 10-20% of contracting mutation from that player.

As you can see, some of these abilities are based on choices the player has to make. I don't think that makes them OP, because the players decide. (Do I pick up that mutated player while he's still mutated? Am I too close to tank for Firestorm? Will I get a Tornado Slap for picking up that incapped player?)

12. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

About the delusion part, I could make it so a specific player would see how all the other players die (plus some other weird stuff) as a consequence of the paranoia tank transferring his madness. The "Bloody" tank would also have the same ability.

13. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Love the para ideas! Perhaps the drugs effect present for admins could be part of it/base for it?

Love the Shaman ideas too, particularly the anti-Moribund one. Too many people are going b&w WAY TOO EARLY so having some discouragement would be lovely. :smiley-signs136:

14. Stefeman

The drug effect could be labeled as: "concussion" effect

15. Tom1993

Tom1993 Head Administrator Staff Member

If you intend to make the tanks more powerful (which i do actually like) you have to raise the rewards as they are really low compared to what they were about 2 years ago. 60k exp and 4750 cash for a shaman is just kind of ridicilous if you compare it to what you got back in 2011 (225k and 25k, although it was also stronger back then). But then again, raising the rewards and still having the moribound farming buff makes us lose donors which we need to keep up the servers, as leveling up is so easy without any boosters. Feel free to disagree with me, but these are my opinions. -Tom

16. Angel

Angel MG Donor

I would love to see those para abilities on versus actually.. Right now the para is like a normal tank and you can kill it off easily if you use a magnum. It's supposed to be feared, not like a toy tank - but still remain balanced.

17. erik

erik MG Donor

Agreed, I like the extended ideas and do NOT think it is over-modding. I think it's exciting.

Yeah, you can kill the Para Tank with a Vet Magnum easily. However, that minor frustration is miniscule compared to the initial PRVS Para, which regenerated faster than you can fight one, and was honestly just invincible... plus was just randomized rape for those who bought the buff.

A PRVS Para with more abilities is a good ides. It must be killable, like anything else though. The invincible paras just caused negativity.