1. Click here to join our community discord server.

[PR-COOP] Add a Hint for Tanks

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by XeroX, Jul 31, 2015.

1. XeroX

XeroX Junior Member

Hi,

Im suggesting a info (black box + white text) about the tank when for example they are shooting the duelist tank that he is immune except for melee damage. Same for the Bomb tank. That hes immune to all damage until he explodes. Saw a few people wasting ammo on them (myself too when i started again after a 2 year pause inbetween xD)
    I don't know if this is implemented already but this might help especially new people to understand tanks.

I know there is !tankinfo and the message when it spawns but it seems that people do not pay attention to it.

2. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

I am a fan of learning by trial and error :D there are a couple reasons to shoot a bomb or duel like to make them follow you or if you have special ammo for a certain tank. If you see noobs on try and tell em and they will listen mostly lol

3. XeroX

XeroX Junior Member

yea im saying everytime but they still seem to shoot them anyway :/

4. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

We do have !tankinfo , but it needs updated.

5. well... sometimes you may need to shoot or generally attack few tanks to take their aggro, either to save your teammates or you are fast enough to outrun the tank while others take care of SI's and clear the area and get back to tank. For the case of bomb tank hard to stay doing nothing to be honest. The big issue is with duelist imo, since only a few would know he takes melee dmg, and new players shooting from far away.

Haven't paid attention to system messages in chat if they tell it is immune to other damage except melee, but if it doesn't show that, some people may read the system message and actually benefit from it.

6. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

There's a hint for almost every single tank that appears (including the duelist which says something along the lines of [PR-GUIDE] - The tank only takes damage from melee).

Not paying attention to it, as you put it, is their own fault.

7. Penguin

Penguin Guest

Also people do usually say something in chat, sarcastic as it me be usually it's true about the tank.

Or looking at people's sprays in razs case could help ;) ahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk