1. Click here to join our community discord server.

[PR] add new buff slots VOTE

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Who's Ya Daddy, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Who's Ya Daddy

Who's Ya Daddy New Member

Vote if MG should add new empty buff slots for each category. (coop, survivor, Infected)

For example there are just 11 buff slots to equip for 54 survivor buffs. But just 11 slots are too less for each category. And it is to be noted that PR system is almost 3 years old and we are playing with the same number of buff slots ever since we tested it when it was Beta. So maybe its time to do a few more changes

2. Buff slots

11 buff slots. To little.

Personally, i have struggled with the combination of buffs (in all 3 categories). It is extremely challenging to make way for new buffs as many older buffs are very much essential in both coop and vs modes.

Additional buff slots would definitely make many players happy.

3. MetallicA

MetallicA <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

I guess someone can add 1 more slot :trollface:

4. erik

erik MG Donor

The idea behind 54 buffs isn't to give people a way to use all of them or as many as possible.

It's to have a non-traditional RPG-style selection of the best possible or optimal combination. I have the same amount of buff slots as everyone else and frequently come out on top. Our best gamers do just fine, also, and share ideas on why their combination is a success.

What's the point of even having them if we just get a new generation of Goggles-wearers, Shaman players, Paranoia Tank players, Shaman Handlers + Knight Handlers + Tank Lurers + Moribund Farmers + all these other things?

Yeah, it would make me happy to have new slots, obviously, but that doesn't mean it's the smart move for PR, nor MG for that matter. Dare I even bring it up, but, why go in the direction of PR 1.3 ("more anything? more everything!") when we all know what a dud that turned out to be.

More buff slots is a bad idea (right now, at least,) and pushes us over the line, and allows over-modding. I Respectfully disagree 100% with this proposal solely because risking over-modding is a volatile thing.

5. Scorpion

Scorpion Banned

I actually agree with erik here....having all or near-all buffs active is both pointless and stupid. Over-modded is an understatement if this goes ahead. I have had no problems whatsoever with my buffs while levelling up (210-215). I've used my cunning and intelligence to pick and use the best way to use the buffs i have at this moment in time. For those who actually want this to go ahead (and feel free to disagree with me) but i think those who want this are just being plain greedy in my honest opinion.

- Scorpion

6. and still dont get the point of that "special" unique buff slot that cannot be unlocked? why is it there when only very few fortunate people can get it anyway. (i heard only 1 person got it legitimately)

anyway the current buff slots are ok although having just one more would be nice.

7. Abstract

Abstract MG Donor

that buff slot was for a event machete i think and im must say yes for more buff slots but not 30 slots maybe 2 or 3 more for inf coop and surv is really cool

8. if thats the case why still have that "unique" tag to it when its no longer seen anymore. Might as well just free it up as a regular buff slot, unless theres still plans for that unique slot in the near future?

9. Abstract

Abstract MG Donor

when you make that slot free for all you fucked the guy who won the event ^^

10. Kakarot

Kakarot Senior Member

I agree. The point of having limited buff slots is that you have to choose wisely. I do wish i had more buff slots but here i agree with erik

11. Who's Ya Daddy

Who's Ya Daddy New Member

no no no... no one is asking to have all the buff slots open. See the purpose of this poll is to have atleast a few more buff slots opn. Everyone knows that it would make the PR server unplayable if we had all the slots equipped. But we would surely love a few extra (like 5-6) buff slots so that we sont have to sacrifice another usefull buff for one more useful buff. I would love if i can have tank lure+shaman handler+knight handler equipped all at the same time as for now I know I can either keep tank lure or shaman handler at a time becuase we just dont have any extra slots. And it is to be noted that PR system is almost 3 years old and we are playing with the same number of buff slots ever since we tested it when it was Beta. So maybe its time to do a few more changes

12. klarnetbass22

klarnetbass22 Member

How about separate buffs into stronger Tier I buffs and Tier II buffs ? This would allow to not everyone have all strong buffs and still there would be more buffs to be equiped. It could be like 7 Tier I buffs and 5 Tier II (or something like that, details).

13. Duncan

Duncan New Member

I would be more than happy with 2 more, In fact if it wasn't for the shaman buff, just the unique will be enough for me. So, it would be nice that we can have some other events to get the extra one, I want a chance to win that.

Also, there are 2 or 3 buffs: "Boiling vomit" and "Witch resistance" (and maybe "sprint override") that should be moved to skills/upgrades since those doesn't make a big difference in game, but make the SI more playable.

14. erik

erik MG Donor

Nice suggestion, outside-the-box and creative / reasonable.

15. Hey Koolaid

Hey Koolaid Head Administrator

In a true RPG game you don't get a infinite amount of new magic spells or skill slots you get a set amount. The idea on buffs are not to make the game easy as a stroll through the park. My current buffs has been the same because i just love mine and don't want to change and we have defeated many *STRONG* tanks. The reason why we are so used to defeating these special tanks is because they appear way too much for anyones own good. I seen a supreme knight last night followed immediately by a shaman...

You find the right combo you pick and choose 11 specific buffs If we added 5 or 6 more slots then everyone has the buffs that make fighting the special tanks *which is already easy if you use teamwork* nothing but a baby tank battle. More buffs more servers with people not paying any attention to teammates and neglecting the reason to play. It would turn into everyone pretty much having Godmode on.

This isn't pokemon you don't have to catch them all so to speak, *equip them all* I see no problem with the current amount of buffs. We don't need the game to become easier and this doesn't need to turn into that mage mist and other nonsense that it was before. Additional buffslots are a unnecessary addition.

16. ughgh

ughgh Junior Member

It's also worth noting that there are a number of finale-specific buffs (usually having to do with tanks) that won't be useful outside of those encounters. Those buffs include Bomber Protection, Shaman/Knight Handlers, Tank Lure, Adrenaline Run, and Finale Dominator, which can take up to half the available buff slots. On the other hand, a number of the regular buffs won't be useful in a Finale, such as Speedy Water (outside of the boathouse finale) and the Witch Eater/Peacemaker buffs, along with a bunch of buffs that are only useful in VS (I'm thinking of the pipe related buffs). What I would recommend is to have two or more buff sets that can be equipped more easily than going /cp 4 1 ( # 9999 # 1 ) over and over to switch between normal buffs and situational-specific buffs.

17. tank

tank MG Donor

what new bufs? how many?12,15,22?
    [​IMG]
    Since now need wait that door lock is open, you have enough time to switch your buffs and choose best for that chapter, you should just know the maps, (not need all same buffs in all maps,) Even if you play on inf side or surv (NO NEED GO IN SPEC) talking about start of any VS map.
    More new buffs will just spoil the game, is relly too much now,
    for me 50 new buffs is to much,suggestion rather switch some of that buffs s to upgrades or skills,
    at least will use some time to new upgrades, like from 210-215 is not to many new skills and upgrades,
    for uniqe wait for new events and try unlock the last buff.

18. gcrook

gcrook Member

I can relate with the admins's approach, but lets be practical here just for a bit.
    There were 10 buff slots a year ago when the buffs were LESS that A THIRD
    of what they are now.
    There have been 2 or 3 buff updates this last year and every update in my opinion should bring at least 1 extra buff slot,so we should be with 13-14 slots by now which is still logical and doesnt defeat the purpose of choosing the buffs wisely.

And lets be honest,the first batch of buffs were and still are absolutely essential.
    In my inventory i have kept more that half of the oldest buffs just necause they are irrreplaceable,and as much as i would like to use some of the newest ones i just cant and that adheres to players old and new.Some of them could become skills btw it seems lately that every new idea is a "buff" .

19. i do not know if this is off topic but what about quick save sets of buffs?

The problem i find is sometimes i would like to change some buffs, but there is not enough time for me (sorry im slow getting too old).

We can have like 3-5 different sets of saved buff settings? so we can inter switch them in a quick access for the map/round we are playing. In that way i can set short cut binds and equipped the buffs. the buff slots of 11 still maintain though.

or make it available only for the campaign. 1 switch per campaign or something like that.

not a pro here, but i loved to chip in! =)

20. Rising

Rising MG Donor

after the PR update 1.2.0.0 beta, I lost my extra slot which was the awards event bitch slap |:(