1. Click here to join our community discord server.

[PR] 1.7 is live!

Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by Mute, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

We are happy to announce that after much work, Points Reloaded 1.7 is now live, bringing the level cap up to 230!
    The in game changelog lists the majority of the other changes we have implemented.
    To access it, just type !changelog into the chat, or navigate to the Others Section of the Control Panel.

A big aspect of 1.7 is the addition of Scenarios, which can be thought as mini-events.
    These Scenarios take place on custom maps on a separate server.
    As a result, to access these Scenarios you will need to subscribe to some addons:

Helm's Deep Reborn
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121068229

Damnation
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=130821407

End of the Road
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=135243702

You can also subscribe to our custom content addon to enhance the experience with custom music:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=329033428

Scenario Server IP: 145.239.138.247:27021

For the time being VS is disabled while we work out some last second issues, but COOP is fully playable.

We've been thorough, but in the event a bug has slipped by us, please do report it on the forums.

Have fun playing!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  2. Centro

Centro New Member

thank you very much, this is great:smiley-happy110:

3. XeroX

XeroX Junior Member

Not sure if this is intended but a Joker Tank spawned while we had tank frenzy (Previously a Shaman Tank Spawned)

4. timkit

timkit MG Donor

I'll report bugs for now on the forums, but after a set number of days have passed im'a return to reporting bugs the normal way as usual (you admins know what I mean)

[​IMG]

Bug Name: Can Melee while feared

Bug Description: It's simple, you can still attack infected with your melee weapon while being feared. I assume that the case also applies when you get inflicted with it via the Ghost Tank's Scare ability (or whatever that ability was) or via the Supreme Shaman's Debilitating Claw ability.

To Be Fixed: Prevent the melee weapon usage while feared.

EDIT: Also, great job for your hard work on the update HonorCode and Mute, it's a huge update indeed, and I can't wait to get back into VS for those unlockable from VS only buffs.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  5. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Awesome! Nice job guys!

6. Shaikh Nedab

Shaikh Nedab Active Member

master marvel appreciated the work. anyway good job developers and all admins and marvel and community.

7. Horama

Horama MG Donor

Thanks , great job !

8. XeroX

XeroX Junior Member

HC told me that he fixed the Joker Tank roar so it shouldn't happen again. Was still funny to see though :D

9. timkit

timkit MG Donor

It's worth giving feedback on this now that almost a week has passed. So here's my thoughts so far

I like the update overall, it was good to be seeing some new Sara quests that were part of an extended storyline for her. It was good giving new life into quests and I might come up with more ideas for quests in the future. I also like the addition of several new tanks, in particular the Supreme Bloody and Supreme Glutton tank, both of which are definitely not easy to kill tier 3 tanks with the first tank of the two being a bit more challenging. The map mutations were a nice addition to the game for something unexpected of me. Sure I was hoping for a witch frenzy to be added in as a chance thing like with tank frenzy but adding that in alongside 5 other map mutations at a rate of 25% chance on expert with good to see.

that'll be all until the VS competitive comes out.

10. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Fighter Tank CTD (Crash To Desktop) that happened 3 days ago on ASIA COOP. As it happens below in the video, all seems normal until we get out of the saferoom a few seconds later, only for a Fighter Tank to spawn. Then after a few seconds pass by, we all end up CTD and having to reconnect.

Wanted to report that CTD, so it could be known.

11. Mute

Yeah it's the model attachments you see on the Fighter's claws. Some models are completely broken on that map and cause CTDs. I've tried to figure out what the issue is but I'm beyond lost. I've instead just decided to disable all model attachments for that map. Some tank's might look strange, e.g. Bloody without the commons on it, but it's better than it crashing players.

timkit likes this.
  12. timkit

timkit MG Donor

I figured the models would cause the CTD. Fair enough then, and thanks for that fix.

very late post before I head off to bed here. Found a new bug completely out of the blue and on pure accident. I didn't even know this was around, nor did anybody else.

Bug Name: Bad Door of Tanks Bug

The video explains for itself, but contains a question in regards to the frozen bad status effect. If there is anything you guys think I missed out on reporting about this bug, let me know and i'll be sure to add it in.

EDIT: Gonna consider cancelling and restarting the Wolf in Sheeps Clothing quest when I do discover a key and try again.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Finn's 115 and Horama like this.
  13. Mute

Went ahead and fixed that door bug.

In other news, I've performed a slight change to the Helms Deep scenario, tickets will now only be consumed when the Scenario is Won or Lost, or if the leader disconnects early on the Helms Deep map. The former is to remedy issues where the server crashes and the ticket is lost (and saves us the trouble of giving them back) and the latter is to prevent exploits where people bail early before a loss to save their ticket.

timkit likes this.
  14. [DFS] Unstable

[DFS] Unstable Junior Member

When do you think VS will be back up? Is it far off?

15. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Before you read, note that I did cancel and retake the quest. However it did nothing to fix the quest problem.

BUG: Hell in the deeps quest changes from Report Back to In Progress upon rejoining Scenario server.

As the above title says, i'll explain it more in detail though.

When you have defeated the Supreme Infernal Tank for the Helms Deep Scenario. it shows in the active quests that you can report it back and it also shows in the quests finished. However, when you rejoin back to the Scenario server to hand in your quests (I'm sure most people like to do it with the Big Check Buff ;) ) the quest progress goes from !report back to in progress again and the quest from the finished quests doesn't show.

Here is the relevent screenshots that show the problem.

[​IMG]

Helms in the Deep Quest and Daily Expert Quest are done

[​IMG]

The Daily Expert Quest can be finished but the hell in the deeps quest cant be finished.

[​IMG]

Proof that the active quest shows that the daily expert and other daily difficulty quests can be reported back. However the hell in the deeps quest is still in progress.

[​IMG]

Later on, before we successfully finish the Scenario, I check to make sure my hell in the deeps quest is still in progress and that my other quests are finished but not reported back yet.

[​IMG]

Once tank is killed, completing the Scenario I can report back the hell in the deeps quest. However I do wait until rejoining the Scenario server to complete it with the Big Check Buff active for additional rewards.

[​IMG]

Yet... Hell in the deeps quest cannot be finished, the other daily quests can be finished though.

For now, until this bug gets fixed I will just put Big Check Buff in my buff set used for the Scenario servers and will complete the quest before the Scenario server kicks us out.
    EDIT: Even if you were to complete your quest in the helms deep map, you can do it again during the next helms deep map clear, making this a higher priority bug. Just confirmed this from chatting with guys on the Scenario server.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  16. Mute

From what I can see, it's an issue with the database not saving the quest values in time. I've forced high priority on the database saving part so hopefully that should be enough to resolve the issue, but I won't be able to know until it happens again, if it happens again.

17. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Here's a VS bug that I found while playing. Classified as a Moderate BUG since it affected everyone playing on VS.

BUG: VS rewards aren't being given out while there is 8 or more players.

here is the proof
    [​IMG]

When we had less than 8 players, the rewards weren't being given out (normally meant to happen, not a bug)

[​IMG]

However, when we did get more than 8 players playing, we still didnt get given the rewards since we won that round.

[​IMG]

PROOF that we had more than 8 players on, also the skills didn't change on any player.

[​IMG]

My honor points = 16. I didnt gain any from the blood harvest campaign finale since no VS rewards were given out despite having 8 or more players.

[​IMG]

Same thing applies here. NO VS rewards given out, however we also didnt lose skill points for a loss either.

End of first bug.

I had a look at the Binder Item around this morning and found buffs that were not mean't to be selectable as buffs that can be binded (converted into a permanent skill).

2nd BUG: General Infected Buffs able to be selected as bindable buffs when HonorCode mentioned that only Survivor and Other (for both Surv and Inf teams) Buffs would be selectable.

here is the screenshot of what buffs can be binded in others
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

General Infected Buffs Page 1 (These buffs are not meant to be binded as they have no effect!)

[​IMG]

General Infected Buffs Page 2 (These buffs are not meant to be binded as they have no effect!)

[​IMG]

General Infected Buffs Page 3 (These buffs are not meant to be binded as they have no effect!)

[​IMG]

General Infected Buffs Page 4 (These buffs are not meant to be binded as they have no effect!)

The others section for the buffs that can be binded NEEDS to be replaced with the following for the screenshot below

[​IMG]

The Other buffs that are non-team specific.

End of 2nd Bug.

End of Bug Post.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  18. Mute

Fixed the Binder issue, was referencing the wrong internal ID. As for VS, I'll have to take a deeper look at it since from an initial glance there doesn't seem to be any issues. From what I can see, if you don't gain/lose honor/skill points it's due to people being late joiners and weren't a part of a team from the very start. Was this the case?

19. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Makes sense there with the binder item, now people shouldn't have any problems choosing a buff to bind.

About VS I don't have any screenshots of players joining through a round, so it would better be done with a recording of a VS campaign to see with the late joiners thing and to see if they have any effect on the VS rewards occurring. I'll be doing this within the next few hours from later tonight going forward (local time, afternoon right now at the time of writing this). Therefore I can't really remember right now. I'll be sure to post again when I get more screenshots/recording of it.

20. timkit

timkit MG Donor

There were cases of players that joined late during a VS round, however I also wanted to point out that the player "mh" ended up disconnecting and reconnecting multiple times due to his database not loading on the server a few times until it finally did about after his 4th join or so.

Other than the VS Rewards not being given out bug, I found 2 strange things that occurred. One of them was in the case of a charger that managed to charge a survivor outside the 3rd map of swamp fever. The other was in the case of a tank spawn where after another survivor other than I was hit by a tank punch, the tankhp suddenly changed to reflect low numbers, it was even like that as we damaged the tank making it seem weird, what also seemed weird was that the tank regened 1500HP on every successful tank punch/pound done, only occurred once and I didn't see it happen again with any other normal tank spawns.