1. Halloween event has ended. 21st November last date to use candy.

[POLL] Mobility Master Buff Changes (ACCEPTED)

Discussion in 'Suggestions Box' started by timkit, Aug 24, 2018.

?

Should the Mobility Master Buff have the following changes made to it?

Poll closed Aug 27, 2018.
  1. Yes - All of the changes are good for this buff.

42.9%
  2. No - The buff is already good as it is.

28.6%
  3. Don't Know.

14.3%
  4. My response is in the post below!

14.3%
  1. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Hey'll, timkit here with another suggestion/poll thread. This thread is concerning some changes I would like to suggest for the Mobility Master Buff, consider it to be buffs/additions to the buff itself.

EDIT: Some of the suggestions for this buff were accepted and implemented into mgftw as per August 26th Update. Thank you all for your suggestions. Gonna close voting since it isn't needed anymore.

Here is the buff in it's current state, as taken from the Usage of Buffs and Buff Sets Guide

14. Mobility Master

Description:
    Enables you to double jump by pressing jump again while in the air, or double tap a direction to quickly dash in that direction.
    <15 second cooldown for dashing>
    <Cannot dash/jump while crouching, walking, incapacitated or incapable of moving>
    <✖ VS>

Tips on Buff Usage:

• If you want to get to a higher place, or to run around faster in any area, the Mobility Master Buff gives you the skills you need to do such things.

Benefit in Buff Sets:
    Enables you to double jump or quickly dash.
    <Cannot dash/jump while crouching, walking, incapacitated or incapable of moving>
    <✖ VS>

Do you guys find it annoying when you're scoping in with a sniper rifle, only to accidently double tap a movement key, go where ever and screw up your aim? It happens to me too...

There are also cases where you sometimes want to be double tapping a movement key without wanting to move around so quickly. So it would be a good idea to want to disable the use of the buff temporarily until you want to re-enable it on again.

I wanted to give the Mobility Master Buff the following changes:

Buff Description as changed:
    Enables you to double jump by pressing jump again while in the air, or double tap a direction to quickly dash in that direction.
    <Cannot dash/jump while crouching, walking, incapacitated, scoped in or incapable of moving>
    <Can be temporarily disabled/re-enabled with SHIFT, re-enabling gives a 5 second cooldown for dashing>
    <✖ VS>

Basically in short:
    - Make it so you cannot dash/jump while scoped in with your sniper rifle, SG rifle.
    - Have a way to temporarily disable/re-enable the use of Mobility Master Buff, in a way similar to the Hunterized Buff.
    OR
    "um... it's cool but no matter what direction just double tap and tada...fall off. so i think it should be either direction forward or backward is better than any direction." - Boney Silver

Leave your thoughts/feedback in the replies below!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  2. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately it already gets abused enough to get to "higher up spots" that SI etc can't reach. The amount Mute has had to block off is just insane.

So making it double jump / dash in midair and allowing a change of direction would make it far too exploitable and pretty OP in my opinion.

timkit and Banshee like this.
  3. JustAnEntity

JustAnEntity New Member

I do agree on the part where it could be temporarily disabled, because this buff highly unstable when it comes to doing scenario (especially Helms Deep) where you could slip from the stairs and eventually hanging on a ledge and bombarded by Supreme Infernal Tank's ability. What I'm trying to say here is that this ability could sometimes mess up at random moments (probably because of WASD maneuvering, to avoid Chargers, Tank punches and whatnot).