1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Points Reloaded Fun

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by LEGEND, Mar 17, 2011.

Tags:
  1. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

Make a mgftw.com | Points Reloaded Fun server!

The aim if this server is to have fun. Those of you who have played L4D2 PR should know that the panel is split into categories that you can buy from. Apart from this the aim of the PR server is to level up.

PR Fun, though, is based on the experience levels that you get from the PR main servers. The aim of PR Fun is to, effectively, have fun and also to supplement the main PR servers. I propose this server to be a coop as people would keep quitting a versus PR Fun server because they would want to be max level, but there is no other grounded rule to say that PR Fun can't be a versus server. The whole point of this server is not to level up or anything, infact you cant gain points or bounty, but you have access to one panel which gradually gets unlocked the more experienced you are.

The higher leveled you are the more fun you get to have.

Say for instance you are Level 1 and you join PR Fun. You won't have access to a whole load of commands. (In reality you only have access to one command and that is laser) However if you were Level 40, for example, you would have access to more fun commands. (Such as your pick between Incendiary Ammo based on infected kills, or Hollowpoint ammo based on infected kills).

Remember, you don't spend points or level up on this server, you just play normal rounds but with the unlocked upgrades, it becomes a little more fun.

But whats to stop people from leaving and going off to play PR Coop?
    Not a lot. Despite my persistence earlier in the post about not earning points, I think we should really include that feature, but you can't spend the points - you can only view them and the points are much harder to gain. So if you were to gain a point for a killing spree it would only be because you had killed 40 zombies and not 10. :)

So to sum up:
    • Level up in main Points Reloaded servers
    • Come to Points Reloaded Fun
    • Play around with unlocked features
    • Earn a very little sum of points (10:1 points)
    • Go back to main Points Reloaded servers - repeat process :)

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Player: wtf, this server is bugged. I can't buy anything and I don't earn any points > rage.

Other than that, even though it might be fun, I think it's a bad idea to create a server that's going to compete with our other servers. I mean man, we have 4 point reloaded servers already and L4D1 is there to come as well.

Making a 'fork' of PR like this will confuse everybody.

So I'm sry I think it's a really bad idea.

3. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

Attached comparison of unlocked features of a LEVEL1 against a LEVEL40 player.

So what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

4. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

But forking it may work!
    EDIT ...on L4D1! xD