1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Points reloaded CA 16 coop server crashing.

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by Ds-HS, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Ds-HS

Ds-HS Junior Member

Hello admin and all,

I just want to inform your all that recently CA server keep on crashing. But when I play EU server, it is stable.

Please look into it soon, thanks.

2. erik

erik MG Donor

Thanks for the post.

I played four campaigns straight through with no issues after I brought it back online.

Should be fine now. Thanks,

3. Ds-HS

Ds-HS Junior Member

Hi Erik and all concerned admin,

CA coop reloaded server keep crashed this few days. Please look into it soon, thanks.

4. erik

erik MG Donor

Thanks for reporting this.

Do you, by chance, remember the circumstances?

For example, we've seen crashes in certain finales, or when lots of explosions (that lag the server out) take place, or those types of things.

I've heard of intermittent CA PR-COOP crashes. I want to do a hard restart on the server, but doing so would cause everyone to lose connection. For now, if you can provide any insights, that would be a huge help.

5. ProVoker

ProVoker Guest

One crash I recall perfectly , at the finale of swamp fever campaign, called the plantation, startling the witch, at the beginning of the map where there are a few abandoned shacks, caused server crash, i don't remember if it was poisonous or if it got to kill anyone before server crashed.

6. Ian

Ian MG Donor

Not only CA coop is crashing, EU servers are as well, just crashed twice, same chapter on CC #1 getting real annoying.. cant complete

7. erik

erik MG Donor

Something is definitely going on. Just jumped onto EU PR-VS and had strange symptoms.

All SI and all commons were frozen in-place. Hard Rain map 2. We could kill them, but even the tank was just sitting there.

Only thing playable was survivors (bots won't move) and SI (except bots, of course.)

I am not sure what is causing this or the constant PR-COOP crashes. Marvel or Honorcode, could you please help me out on this one?

8. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

There have been a lot of steam problems last few days, my guess is it's related to that. Try a server restart, other than that I don't think anything has changed so it has to be an external cause.

9. erik

erik MG Donor

Migrating all the gamers to EU PR-COOP seemed to work perfectly fine, even after switching to the problem map.

I think it is, in fact, something CA server-related. Perhaps we can do what I proposed in the Head Admin section? It's a longshot solution, but it is a non-invasive one.

10. Would like to know the updates on fixing the crashes.

Was in the CA Coop server earlier during the day. Map was the finale for The Parish.
    No hordes or anything as all had just exited the safe room and was waiting for the bridge to be lowered.
    Game crashed at that instant.

Just a day ago, also encountered a crash in CA for a map that had just loaded and before we exit the safe room.
    Could the crashes be ping-related?
    Thanks.

Map just crashed again just now for Dead Air second map. Everyone reached the safe room already and before the third map could load, the map crashed. Last edited by Rubber Chicken; Today at 02:18 PM.

Now its EU server, Cold Stream. Just 2 seconds before I got into the rescue helicopter at the end, the game had to crashed at that moment.

11. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

Also i don't know if that happens on EU but sometimes the pipenbombs bug, they keep beeping and flashing but doesn't explode.

12. JKG Krazie

JKG Krazie MG Donor

I've seen the pipebomb being stuck to the ground and just beeping and flashing. Happened yesterday in the CA server and EU server during Dark Carnival Finale. It just stays in the ground and the CI would just go to it still.

13. *Evil*yank33

*Evil*yank33 Junior Member

something in relation to the homing grenade buff, i often see them in places where they couldnt get to their target. Stuck on a generator, corner of a fence, etc

14. erik

erik MG Donor

A defibrillator triggered it today during a tank in c7m1_docks.

15. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

I have never used this buff, yet, recently, regardless of map or server, all my pipes fail to explode but still attract a constant stream of commons.

I no longer use pipes purely to avoid the temptation others may get from farming them.