1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Please remove the horrid map voting system.

Discussion in '[L4D2] Hidden Infected' started by ??, Aug 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ??

?? Guest

The voting system is sucking the life out of the server, it's just horrible at the moment.

The past few days, people have only been playing the same six maps over and over again. Because
    1. They only vote for maps like, Apartments, Sewers, Interiors, Rooftop, Offices and sometimes Cornfield. These are the only maps I've been playing the last few days.
    2. There's something buggy about the voting panel, somehow we can't view the second page of the voting panel. So whatever No Mercy map is on the first panel wins the game.

I really appreciate what HI has been so far but please review the voting system, it's just a pain.

EDIT:
    Found out it got removed, thank you guys.

2. The Maniac

The Maniac MG donor

Ok. The mapvote system is back. Why? I don't want to play cornfield and mainstreet over and over again :mad2:

3. Y o u

Y o u Member

It's now back and some maps are quite consistent. I overall like the voting system but I would like it even more if the map we choose can't be chosen again for the couple of rounds.

4. erik

erik MG Donor

[QUOTE=??

5. Rivion

Rivion MG Donor

Please change the vote. Now when interior is in the list, everybody votes for that. Certain maps do not even get played anymore. Hell, im starting to miss park.

Perhaps per map only a choice of 3. Or something like that.

6. Steph

Steph Game Server Moderator

This is being worked on (I think). We came up with a great idea that will make everyone happy in the long run :)

7. The Maniac

The Maniac MG donor

You think so? ;)

8. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I really ike the voting system myself, but perhaps it can be made so that once one map has won the vote it can't be voted for again until all other maps have been played.

9. erik

erik MG Donor

I totally love this idea!!! If possible, can we use those same lines of code (that make this change) on PR-COOP servers too???

It would be a huge breath of fresh air for those who don't wanna play Dead Center, No Mercy & Crash Course on repeat all day!

Don't wanna get off topic w/ HI, but this idea would really benefit PR also.

10. Jost

Jost Game Server Moderator

that would mean map rotation marvel :P there is always only one map that fulfill this condition!

you have to block the map for several rounds... let's say 12 for example.

11. erik

erik MG Donor

You can have a vote system without rotation. Rotation will make people leave when the predictably "not popular" maps appear. (The proverbial "Hard Rain Effect" on VI or PR.) I think the combo of allowing people to vote, yet still cycle the REST of them will minimize mass quitting, but still allow for gamer choice.

12. Jost

Jost Game Server Moderator

oh i see... i think you talk about --> throw every map in, delete every played map in vote until no map there --> start again from beginning. zomg!

13. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Well you know, players always want democracy so we give it to them and let them decide which map to play next and next thing you know they beg you to for dictatorship again, *sigh*

I still don't think there's anything wrong with the current mapvote system, just rule a voted map out for 5 or 6 round and it should be fine. We shouldn't just remove something because 3 or 4 people complain about it. If everybody votes for rooftop it means most people want to play rooftop, I don't see the problem.

14. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

On the other hand, there could be a "greyed out" option in the vote panel with "- Recently played" for 2 maps time until it's voteable again to avoid repeated cycle of one terrain..

This would also give the joining players general idea what was played last so they can vote for something that everyone will surely like by taking account of those who have been connected for last 1-2 hours.

15. The Munsters

The Munsters MG Donor

Or the same map cannot be voted again for some pre defined time instead of going through all the maps