1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Please help - what religion do you follow?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lukemurawski, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miracle470

Miracle470 Member

Muslim_Denmark

2. Left4Bed

Left4Bed Guest

3. littlebrother

littlebrother MG Donor

Muslim_Singapore

4. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

BTW Luke... What about you?

5. Who's Ya Daddy

Who's Ya Daddy New Member

rubbish... no such festival. the only festival that allows drinking is Holi. On Holi you dont need to fast, but you can drink a traditional drink (Bhang) made from marijuana leaves :) Although people who dont like it drink liquor.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and this is what Bhang looks like
    [​IMG]

6. Angel

Angel MG Donor

No, you're not allowed to drink or eat during fasting. You have specific times of the day which you can eat and drink :) for example, early in the morning and late night (I think).

7. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

I am catholic, living in the u.s.

EDIT: I don't care shit for religion though. I think it just makes people corrupt.

8. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

Ah ok, so it is similar to other Islam where you eat before Fajr (morning/sunrise) prayer and then eat at Maghrib prayer (sunset) and the time changes everyday and becomes quite difficult in summer when you fast for like 17/18 hours.

9. lukemurawski

There are times when you can and can't eat?

10. Raised in Hell

Oh ok. So you're not allowed to drink on karwa chaud when the wife fasts for her husbands long life? I only know about this from Indian Dramas/movies :? Also, do men fast on karwa chaud as some husbands show that they do, so is it optional for men to fast? I've heard of bhang from Don (SRK Version) khaike paan song and few other movies. Is it like sharab or something that gets you high or just weed?

11. Who's Ya Daddy

Karwa chauth is a fast where a female is not supposed to drink or eat anything until she sees the moon. The first sip of water must be offered by her own husband/boyfriend after she has seen the moon. This is done to pray for the long life of her husband. Many men fast all day along with their wife, also young couples (Unmarried) just to show their compassion to the poor female. Boozing on any festive day is a personal choice. We do have dry days (on which its illegal to sell or buy or procure or consume or even carry liquor e.g on diwali & holi). We just go to the wine shop a day before & store our quota for the next day :devil:

The Bhang thingy... very different from alcohol or weed it is prepared by grinding cannabis leaves into a paste form. Its really very raw & very strong, its mixed with natural sweetners, milk & dry fruits. It causes hallucinations, flashbacks & euphoria :beer_yum:

12. lukemurawski

I wanna try some of that xD

Anyway, cool, I got more than 20 votes, which is great :) Thanks everyone!

13. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

No prob Luke.

It has been a good post to learn about other ppl believes... And I respect them... :)

14. Who's Ya Daddy

just for the sake of my knowledge I need a little clarification on this. I never have asked about this to anyone, But are Video games banned in islam or some specific sects of muslims?
    I don't mean to harm anyones sentiments. Please dont take this as an offence.
    Im quoting this based on may articles like this that I have come across.

http://theislamicnews.com/gaming-and-islam/

15. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

I would assume they're fine as long as they honor basic humanity lol. But who really knows? video games are under 50 years old, while religions are way older.. No way the "rule maker(s)" would come up with concept of virtual reality at that time in mid of dark age where people slaughtered each others in the name of god or whatever.. xD

The old saying goes, if it's not in the rules, it's allowed.. I'm going to hell anyway so those things won't matter to me :P

16. achilles

achilles Banned

I love all <3 ...

17. Raised in Hell

As far as i know, it is not against Islam to play games and i quote from that website you mentioned;

"The basic rule concerning these games is that they are permissible so long as they do not get in the way of obligatory duties such as establishing prayer"
    I guess another thing strict muslims might say that playing games which contain nudity might not be appropriate either but i still play them :harp:

18. Cunner

Cunner MG Donor

Atheist :canada:

19. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

I hope that the hosting site that is not too religious... Or they will start to pour holy water on the servers.. :D

BTW, just a joke...

20. Zsoka

Zsoka Senior Member

Let's see I was raised Mormon, became agnostic, now leaning towards Sufism. - U.S btw

This bugs me a lot that he's asking you to hurry up something and turn it in before a heart surgery, that's just cruel and puts more stress on you. Usually professors let you hand in work late especially in emergencies I know I was given plenty of time when I had surgeries. What kind of assignment is this though just a paper?

This would be nice to know since we shared ours. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.