1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Please add more levels after 210

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by enjoie70, Sep 20, 2012.

1. enjoie70

enjoie70 Junior Member

A lot of the 210 players got bored and stopped playing b/c they felt like they conquered l4d2-there was nothing else to be accomplished. To keep the servers somewhat fresh I would suggest adding new levels which will at least give the 210 players a new goal. There doesn't even have to be new skills right away(I realize there's lots of things you guys are working on), just add the levels to make it feel like the players are working toward something. Down the road, new skills or upgrades to existing skills can be added and the servers might see more action in the meantime.

TY

2. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

When you reach a certain level you unlock a new skill or upgrade. If you continue on above 210 without new upgrades or skills available then you're defeating the purpose of leveling up.

Perhaps those that are Level 210 should stop taking all of the toasters and start helping the lowest levels to get their skills up.

I know of a few 210's that use their skills and upgrades/buffs to actually help people (low levels and high levels) get through the maps.

But, then there are the 210's that ignore everyone, keep toasters to themselves, rush off at the start because they've completed all the quests and shoot as many infected as possible to get lots of XP.

Which one are you?

3. e36

e36 MG Donor

We do help the lower level. We help kill tanks and other aspect of the game.

I personally leave most toaster for them, with the exception bounty and cash toaster. When I accidentally pick up a level up toaster, i feel bad about it. Some time you can control what you pick up.

I can't remember how many time, I run back to help lower level. then get left behind cause there running to the safe room. But that doesn't stop from it doing again.

4. I think 210 will do for now, i heard metallica say there is a lvl 211 but that was probably a joke.
    And i don't like the idea of being forced to buy an enhancer to gain lvl 300 or something.

If you like l4d2 you'll keep playing, most 210's still play once in a while.
    Also many 210 players leveled down to see their exp go up, or to hide their 210 status.
    And the 210 players tend to change their name every day strangely enough (not all)
    So you might not recognize them all the time.

When i play on coop with lower levels i alway try to revive everyone, kill all lurking si and make it through the map. its hard not to pickup toaster since i'm not 210 yet, but i leave the lvl up and buff slot most of the times for instance.
    because the lvl up toasters don't work after 200.

On the other hand playing with lvl 200-210 levels will get you more exp because we share
    65% for lvl 200 and 100% for lvl 210 with charity skill.
    That was something we didnt all have before we reached lvl200 in 2011.

btw here's a small list with the required points for 210

201 : 1150774
    202 : 1565703
    203 : 1980632
    204 : 2395562
    205 : 2810491
    206 : 3225420
    207 : 3640349
    208 : 4055279
    209 : 4470208

in total 25294418

that's about 100 250k lvls

5. enjoie70

enjoie70 Junior Member

What kind of response is this? I'm asking about adding new levels and you're questioning the way I play this game?

Which one am I? I am as hardcore as they get as far as l4d goes and always fight. I don't see how that has any bearing on this topic though.

6. enjoie70

enjoie70 Junior Member

Like I said in the OP, there doesn't have to be new skills associated with the new levels, but it would be nice to be able to keep track of XP that we've earned instead of being stuck at 0. In time, maybe some new benefits could be added. I don't know why this wasn't done a long time ago to be honest.

7. atreyucore

atreyucore Senior Member

Dont tell me our youth is running outtttt it only just begun

[video=youtube;2XG_0iV2B40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XG_0iV2B40&list=FLjYJiFAw0xQOZLrilrPN0wg&index=2&feature=plpp_video[/video]

8. MetallicA

MetallicA <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

Yes , it was a silly joke i made :)

Right now , there are other priorities but we'll make sure the level cap will be increased soon.

9. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

Yes we are planning to increase the level cap to 300 and a lot more besides :P

10. TJ

TJ MG Donor

Why? I'm with CrazyRabbit on this one, a level increase only seems right if there will be new upgrades to go along with it. How many more upgrades do we even need (if any)? What next.. 99% sticky goo? Survs and Inf are as OP as ever already. I understand that it gets boring because there's nothing left to do but that's how it is with every game. You can't play a game for over 1500 hrs and get surprised when it starts to get boring. An increase in levels just to track exp seems pointless. You're not really working towards anything. The reason why people level up and bought those boosters was because they wanted to get the upgrades and skills. Without those, do you really think you will be motivated to earn 10 mil, 50 mil, or 100 mil XP? Not to mention, are you really going to waste money to buy a 10x booster when you're just earning the exp just for the sake of earning it? If you guys really want to bring the "fun" back into this game, why not bring guild wars to the servers instead.

11. enjoie70

enjoie70 Junior Member

Agree with you on guild wars. We've all been waiting for that since it was announced.

Not all the levels going to 210 were associated with new skills though, so it's kinda the same thing if a few new levels were added. I think just making a 211 level would be fine. It would just be something that's there, and would be an accomplishment for whoever can level past 210. We all know how long it took for those past few levels and most of the 210's have moved on from L4d. The 211 would be more like a dedication badge. It would take me months to get there at my current pace. Maybe with time some type of benefit could be added, but new skills don't have to be the driving factor. We obviously don't want 99% goo so or another game breaking upgrade.

If it's hard to code a new level then of course the idea should be scraped in favor of more important things, but I'm making the assumption that it's a quick fix. Maybe just add a 211 for shits and giggles.

12. longjohn

longjohn Member

no thanks, but adding new upgrades I'm all for that.

1. guild wars (as TJ pointed it out)
    2. more events
    3. new exciting custom maps

if all fails, add goblins and pandas, it worked for WoW!

13. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

:P Can't really say much more than that because spoilers.

14. CrazyRabbit

Make a thread about ideas for events and custom maps, I can deal with both of them if I need too. I haven't been given enough info about Guild Wars, but I can do the maps.

Sorry enjoie70, my post was a bit off course. I meant what TJ wrote in his large post. I can see what you're wanting now, I was frustrated about higher level players doing those things and didn't mean to single you out with the question.

15. TJ

TJ MG Donor

Hey! My post wasn't large lol..

This is Large! :P

16. Hey Koolaid

Hey Koolaid Head Administrator

Well this seems as good a any place to talk to you Crazyrabbit. If sometime I can have you help me out with placements of items and making the maps work I have loads of time and someone with more experience could get help me and then we could help our members.

I have a current project working for a survival map but the attention I been paying to detail has preventend me from publishing anything. I would love to work on a map with you sometime man.

This is 3 hours of work you can't see much but its a start but I've made a lot of progress since this happened.http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq269/xxMrxSkaterxx/Mgs naughty list/bored.jpg

The main thing I've had a problem with in the ast is the sky I haven't used it enough to know how to get it right.

17. avilroad

avilroad MG Donor

I'd say increasing max level to 225 sounds fine for me,tho maybe 220 is better.But level 300....sounds like a WOW.I don't wanna play WOW!:tsk:

18. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

Just increase the level cap.. no more skills (unless necessary and don't OP any side)....

Maybe it's just a number but it keeps the things interesting...

In other games that have lvl up, there is a point where the there is no more skills to adquire, but ppl keeps leveling up... just for fun or for show-up.

:D

As always my humble opinion

-Jav

19. CrazyRabbit

Like in Call of Duty.. you gain 10 levels of Prestige once you've unlocked all items/skills. It shows you have put a lot of hours in.

Koolaid, you can add me on Steam: crazyrabbitl4d

20. MarksmanR

MarksmanR MG Donor

I want the level cap to raise so my eyeballs can marvel at whitnessing the number 211+ as my level.

Then I can continue playing L4D2 for hundreds of hours so I can see the number slowly go up and up, until my skin cells become too frail.