1. Click here to join our community discord server.

"Play as the Witch buff"

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by ?z???[??L], Nov 17, 2013.

1. ?z???[??L]

?z???[??L] Guest

Okay heres my idea: This idea allows player spawn as the witch! like hunter and charger (Can spawn as the witch in ghost mode i mean)! Just by a single buff! also buying the buff will unlock "Witch upgrades,Witch skills,Witch buffs" sections! If you buy the witch and do not upgrade it its stats will be:

Health:6k(Editted)
    Damage done to the survivors:80(Editted)
    Damage done to the incapitated survivors:60(Avoid insta incapping and insta killing)(Editted)
    Weakness:Spass shotgun,Auto shotgun

With max upgrades:

Health:18k(Editted)
    Damage done to the survivors:140(Editted)
    Damage done to the incapitated survivors:140(Editted)
    Weakness:Less damage from shotguns!

The player that wants to buy the "Play as the Witch buff" must pay 30k cash and 20-30 fr-pills (I will let the admins/moderators to choose the money.)
    And! The witchs buffs are:

Poisonius witch: Poisons players.
    Fast witch: Increased speed.
    Invinsible witch: Only can be seen with flashlight.(Like the invisible jockey) (Plus invisible witch will be like 60k cash 60 fr-pills)

The witch skills are:

Acidic witch: Spawns pool of acid when incapping the survivor (starting with %5 chance max %90)
    Raging witch: Will add bonus health,bonus damage to the witch.
    Bleeder: A chance to bleed the survivors! (Starting with %10 chance max %95)

Can't think more! >.<. Anyway! If you guys like my idea please support me i really want this idea to come alive! (editted the witch skills (Thank you Angel for waking me up!)

(Edit: The idea is up voting now! Like the post if you want the idea to happen, if you don't dislike the post!)

2. klarnetbass22

klarnetbass22 Member

It would be interesting to play as a witch but unfortunately I doubt its possible as original game made it unplayable. It would require some have modding

Any way i would happily play as a witch in the future.

3. Tom1993

Tom1993 Head Administrator Staff Member

Sounds like a good idea, but coding this won't be easy. It will take a lot of time

4. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

It is possible but It will take a little effort. Question is, will people really use it?

5. ?z???[??L]

?z???[??L] Guest

Yeah people will use it!

6. tank

tank MG Donor

[video=youtube_share;zJuoxA0nGyE]http://youtu.be/zJuoxA0nGyE[/video] ;)

7. Angel

Angel MG Donor

I remember Luke was working on something like this when he was still here (as we talked about earlier ingame). It's really hard to code however and I doubt I would use it myself. Just think, how much will you actually be able to do as a witch? Just lay around all day and wait for a survivor to pop up near you? Instead I would go as something that can deal quick and powerful damage like a charger or a spitter. Seeing as survivors these days have about 200+ HP and the witch would deal like 50 damage at first and have only about 2500 HP herself, she would die very very quick. One shot from a SPAS shotgun up close takes out a regular witch on vanilla which is about 1000 HP, which means she would die from about 2-3 shots. Then imagine how much damage a magnum does on a tank with only 2500 HP..

It's not a bad idea, but I'm just saying it has to be tweaked A LOT to make it balanced for both survivors and the one who's playing as the witch.

8. ?z???[??L]

?z???[??L] Guest

I editted it thanks for waking me!

9. Duncan

Duncan New Member

I don't think people will use a buff to play a witch, they may have fun for a day but not more than that. And not even mention the issue with the ammount of inf buff slots at the moment.

10. Mr.Hood

Mr.Hood MG Donor

It would make the game more interesting and more legit in a way that players have not played before but seeming that you weren't ever suppose to play as the witch it will be quite hard to modify it and code it will possibly be bugs in it would take alot of work and time but I guess after all that it would be fun to play with.

11. tank

tank MG Donor

Witch mod is made long time ago, i dont think so it will be some problem for Honor code the the put that mod on MG servers, the question is only will all players want that mod, maybe make vote pool the see who will and who dont like.

12. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

It's most likely quite limited class to play with..

What you can do is pretty much this:

Before getting startled, walk around to some place where you sit down and/or camp for survivors.

Once you get startled by another player, it gets quite difficult.. Chances are, that you won't be able to control it's run at all.
    Even if you are able to choose target and run as you wish, your best hope is to run towards any nearby survivor(s) and hope that, the witch indeed deals claw damage to the survivors by itself. In other words, you won't be able to magically run around and incap all players with "one hit".

It's uncertain if you even can trigger any claw attack actions (at will) as you can do with Hunter and Smoker for example. :P

That mod is buggy, unstable, and outdated which would likely crash the server instantly when launched.. xD

I think HC meant about making one from the scratch. :P

13. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I agree with Stefeman, this mod came out a long time ago and it was very buggy. Even if all these issues could be resolved I think the witch is a character that should always remain AI because it wasn't meant as a playable character in the first place. It would be modding the game too much, to a point where it's overmodded and as you can see we are close to that point in many parts already ;)

I don't think it's worth the time and effort which can be put in so many other great mods as well. The fact that you are the first one in years with this idea says enough, it's not like a long wanted feature for anyone.

If I can vote to have Berserker back or this witch mod I would chose Berserker any day of the week and I think 99% of the people here that know Berserker will vote likewise :)

Thanks for your feedback though, we appreciate it when players post new ideas so don't let some of the negative comments stop you next time when you have another idea :)

14. tank

tank MG Donor

Berserker was mod bring me here on MG servers , it was cool mod, to bad that server was become empthy on the end that you needed shout it down.But as you said if one day... i will vote yes :)