1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Opinions on PC Build

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CrazyRabbit, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Ping

Ping Guest

Get 2x ST1000DM003, they are the most used because they are the most reliable and efficient and without problems than other models (make sure its 7200.14 or above) Why not just pirate Win7? Saved $135

2. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

1TB Seagate costs $99.99
    2TB Seagate costs $139.95

It's not in my price range to shell out $200 for a 2x1TB Seagates.

Marvel, I would need to download the technet ISO of windows to use the key? What are the differences between retail, OEM and technet versions other than price?

3. CrazyRabbit

If there is no more suggestions to change anything, I will be putting my order in later tonight before the missus starts trying to spend the money :\

4. Duncan

Duncan New Member

Who said Kignston is an upgrade over Mushking ?? lol. Anyway, I've just read about your modifications and I see you change to a Seasonic PSU wich is good (I dont know about that model, but I do know that Seasonic build high end psu for a lot of famous brands) and if youre gonna buy an ssd I suggest the Samung 840pro, or, if u can get the old sata3 models cheap, I have empiric knowledge about the good performance of Corsair Force GT and GS, Vertex 3 and 3 Max IOPS, you wont notice the IOPS difference. (unless one day you feel like benchmarking the ssd). Keep in mind that the latest nVidia drivers have a lot of issues (with all the 6xx cards), but still the 660 its a nice vga and they will fix that at some point. Once you get an ssd youl notice a lot of difference. Enjoy your new rig Rabbit :)

5. tank

tank MG Donor

haters gonna hate
    i said :) ,who is fuckin' mushking
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. CrazyRabbit

I hadn't heard of Mushkin myself either, that's why I changed back to Kingston. Apparently they have customers like Apple, NASA and Rockstar Games, so I wouldn't go knocking them too much. Mushkin also make SSD's, USB Flash Drives and SD/microSD.
    However, all the Mushkin memory was for pre-order only which means CL doesn't have the stock yet and I don't want to be waiting around for it.

7. tank

tank MG Donor

yeah, was just trolling with brand name :trollface:
    'cos the kingston ddr3 ram take like 50% of world market today

8. CrazyRabbit

Order submitted and paid for... 3-4 working days to arrive. A mate of mine at work used the same website to buy a hard drive and got it the next day, so we'll see how long before I get all this.

Thanks everyone that had any input and I'll contact you soon about Windows marvel.

9. Duncan

Duncan New Member

haha you troll :D Mushkin is actually one of the few brands used in the world of overclocking (among with GSkill, Corsair and GEIL), and about the picture you dont need a big heatsink for a 1.5V module, unless you are care more about how it looks than how it performs :S

I know its not popular as Kingston, but neither is GEIL for example, and a lot of world records have been made using this two brands (and you're not gonna see a Kingston RAM in that world), my point is, at least you should do some research if you don't know what you're talking about. And before you troll me about this, keep in mind that I test a lot of hardware, actually Im the hall of fame of 3DMark in many of the charts, and I guess that proves that I know something about this.

nevertheless, Rabbit I know wont have any issues with those rams, and I hope u can get an SSD soon.

10. CrazyRabbit

All my parts have been dispatched and should arrive at my workplace tomorrow morning :D For those interested, keep checking this thread, I might post pictures of the built system when it's finished and maybe some benchmark results after installed.

11. CrazyRabbit

Some might remember that I needed a new mouse, keyboard and most recently a new headset. Well, this past week I had enough money again to get all 3 (thanks to missing out on the Steam Summer Sale, otherwise I wouldn't have got anything lol).

I ended up getting the following Logitech items:

Note the mouse was released in NZ in April 2013, so quite new to the market. Got the trusty G35 headset for durability (fingers crossed) and the keyboard because I need some extra keys and macros for a few games, nothing too flash but better than my Microsoft one.