1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Old Config Toasters

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by |iNSANE| Toxic, Aug 25, 2014.

1. |iNSANE| Toxic

|iNSANE| Toxic MG Donor

Please bring back other toasters , that were like few years back .
    Example : Luck toaster , Lvl up toaster etc.

Or if not then make new and better toasters

Right now we play with 3 toasters , kinda lame , would be more fun if there were 10 or more

2. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

3. |iNSANE| Toxic

|iNSANE| Toxic MG Donor

More toasters give much more competivity. Everyone wants a toaster that is rare.

Sane thing to do is bringing them back , it cant possibly hurt anybody

4. erik

erik MG Donor

Yeah but you are not thinking of several important factors.

Two or three years ago we didn't have 30% of the high levels we have now. We didn't even have fifteen percent of the amount. Instant level up toasters aren't realistic at this point.

This concept is called PR Saturation. The game out in 2009, bear in mind. HC got the mod going in 2010.

Bounty toasters are unfair, because they give the high levels (or those NOT new to the mod) an advantage.

Luck toasters won't happen. There was a lottery bug that made people lose skills (max level of skill = 9, full luck toaster makes it 10, which isn't possible. Makes skill disappear.) That means we have to manually correct it in the database. Unrealistic amount of work.

Gem toasters. (AKA FR-Pill toasters.) Unnecessary. Play COOP for 1 campaign and you'll get FR-Pills in the finale, if not from other tanks in the previous maps.

What you call "lame" is what we see as "necessary." Forcing more PR Saturation just because people are bored with the amount of free prizes is an unrealistic expectation. :P

5. |iNSANE| Toxic

|iNSANE| Toxic MG Donor

But isnt it possible to make some new toasters? or you lack of ideas? or just the work is standing in your way?
    You make so many new tanks , would it take so much time to make 2-3 more toasters? . Im just saying that it gives more excitment.

6. Penguin

Penguin Guest

i can understand and agree with what erik is saying with the issues of bringing back old toasters. but in terms of making new ones, what? what other toasters could there possibly be? its easy to create new tanks as we can give them different abilities when they fight us but we don't fight toasters lol.

The main things that are needed when levelling is Cash and exp which are the toasters that we commonly see.

The only other possible thing i could suggest in terms of there being a new toasters is a super rare enhancement stone toaster?

but apart from that i cant think of anything else we could add to the toaster collection.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't know how easy it would be, but I wouldn't mind a toaster that temporarily modified the way your guns work, where the effects are random. For example, picking up the toaster would reduce your fire rate by 10%, but increase your damage by 10%, or vice versa. Perhaps even add rarer solely positive toasters (e.g. 5% damage boost for 30 seconds) and negative ones (reducing accuracy, magazine size, etc.)

Just a random thought that could make toasters a bit more interesting.

8. erik

erik MG Donor

dick

No one gets paid to do this. We do it for the community. "Is the work standing in your way." Just wow.

9. erik

erik MG Donor

I love this! I love it so much! This is constructive input.

10. dT_Tb

dT_Tb Member

Yes, so it could be not just reward toaster, but more like chance card in monopoly, which makes it fun XD

11. raz

raz Head Administrator Staff Member

+1, great idea imo.

12. |iNSANE| Toxic

|iNSANE| Toxic MG Donor

You know , you dont have to be so rude , you can also be polite. I dont work with programming and stuff like that , i didnt know that it takes money to make these things.

13. erik

erik MG Donor

I'm very polite! Your post sounded incredibly rude, that's why I replied the way I did. ;P

See my post after the one you quoted.

Sorry if there's some kind of misunderstanding or misinterpretation on my end.

14. |iNSANE| Toxic

|iNSANE| Toxic MG Donor

Okay ,

I rest my case on the toasters
    Have a good day!

15. erik

erik MG Donor

Yeah but just to reiterate... I totally totally totally read your initial reply wrong. It rubbed me the wrong way, but that's only because I interpreted it that way. I apologize, again. Have a good one, too, man. See you in the servers & nice job keeping up w/ the high-levels in PR-VS today.