1. Click here to join our community discord server.

No Autokick in Saferoom

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Skytis, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Skytis

Skytis Junior Member

I'd like to have the Autokick disabled in the Safehouse (NOT the starting location!), because I like to browse on the internet while waiting for the farmers and it's annoying that you have to do something all the time.

2. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

The nonchalance of this post amuses me. Why don't you report the farmers instead of browsing the Internet so you don't have to wait for the farmers...?

3. Cocaine

Cocaine Head Administrator

lol, yeah...use the time to make screens or demos...

4. avilroad

avilroad MG Donor

i predict he'll reply that he hasnt time for it

5. Skytis

Skytis Junior Member

I have the time, I already made some, tried to report, but it always fails uploading (Yes they are Zip/Rar!)

6. Cocaine

?

Uploading, where ??

7. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

I guess it was megaupload ;p

Edit: No but seriously, there is no point of having the autokick feature disabled when that is needed. What if you take 5+ mins to get back in the game? Personally, I would much rather you getting kicked than having to bail you out of trouble when you get pounced/jockeyed/charged etc. I think it's an effective system but I am 90% sure that it will not be removed but overall my opinion has no wieght in the matter because I have been away for quite some time so don't listen to me, but thanks for your time in posting this and please post other ideas :)

8. Skytis

Skytis Junior Member

Abuse.mgftw.com maybe?

9. We like to do something fun, and reporting players isn't fun. It's boring and a wsste of our precious time. :D

10. Cocaine

hmm, i just tested it and it works perfect.

/slay Ping

lol legend.....

11. Skytis

Skytis Junior Member

I tried to upload a Zip file about two days ago and it did not. Also as Rar it didn't work...

12. Chocobo

Chocobo <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

Oh god, how I've missed you and your direct messages :)

13. Cocaine

ok, as i said it works for me.
    Try another packer and do it again.

btw what error message u got ?

14. Skytis

Skytis Junior Member

I don't remember :D
    But I'll try a different one.

15. Not sure if you read it properly or what but he says at the end of the saferoom..

16. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

My point still stands :)

17. ....?

:?

18. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

I mean that, when he's on the Internet waiting for the 'farmers' to come into the saferoom what if he misses the fact that they came in and the campaign progresses onto the next map? Then while he's still browsing the Internet the survivors run out and leave him behind. The autokicker is therefore useful in that situation.

If he's at the end saferoom then it makes matters worse because he could be kicking the farmers. Or recording them. So you see, disabling the autokick is a bad idea. I think we've already had this debate on the forums.

19. Ping

Ping Guest

If he's browsing the internet on the steam browser he can know when it progresses, window mode same thing. He only said in the END saferoom, not at the beginning, so then you will still get kicked if you afk at the start of the saferoom.

20. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

Discussed it.

It's a good idea. What I was having trouble with was the fact that it's too user orientated; the user has to perform the action of closing the steam UI whereas all the other people load in at one time. But in hindsight I think it does get a bit annoying waiting for the farmers and I still think that the player who's browsing should spend that time reporting it instead of browsing, listening to Daft Punk :P