1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

new map?

Discussion in '[L4D2] Hidden Infected' started by b_nich, Mar 1, 2015.

1. b_nich

b_nich Junior Member

im just thinking about a new maps, dark carnival, the motel area.. or dark carnival, 4th chapter before entering the 'concert hall' thingy.. or maybe an update for some map, like sugarmill, 2nd staircase to the mill or maybe some other stuff

2. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

Good ideas. I suppose Sugar Mill could use refreshing. I think its been unchanged for an entire year or more. The 4th map of Dark Carnival sounds like it could be a good map.

3. b_nich

b_nich Junior Member

um okai, btw another map idea (?) the finale of cold stream, i dont really know if there is this map on the older days. just thinking about it though

4. erik

erik MG Donor

I always thought the Dead Air parking garage would be a lot of fun, less cars, more zombie apocalypse debris and obstacles, no major opportunity for a sniper's advantage (because they know the map well) unless the glass overpass thing is part of it, or even the outside of the garage.

That could also be an interesting place to work the barricade/commons system, and might even be a good place for newer infected players to get the hang of the sometimes needed hot-swapping between hunter and human.

Edit: It would also be a lot harder to eliminate the detective than on conventional maps :)

Just an idea

5. erik

erik MG Donor

Just speaking from logic, I don't think this would work.

There are so many things that cause server crashes in the finale map of Cold Stream in particular, I think it would be pretty unstable to work with.

Some of the other maps have some super fun areas though that would be hot stuff for the HI mod.

6. ChooChoo

Hmm, I do know people have requested Dead Air stuff in the past.

7. Jost

Jost Game Server Moderator

I prefer closed building areas. we only have interior atm. it's a lot of fun and different to other maps, people like it and vote for this map really soon.
    so what about (with same rules (no C4)):
    - hotel at start of dead center. (mapstart until elevator) including some pathing to change floor outside of the building.
    - erik's idea: car parking in dead air
    - no mercy map 2, end of subway/panic event until windows. no street area.
    - Death Toll, second map... somewhere...?

i prefer hotel!

8. Cro_Herox

Cro_Herox Junior Member

Well I would like to see a new map like interior

9. ChooChoo

Sounds good. *scribbles in notepad*

10. Rivion

Rivion MG Donor

Hotel is a really good idea.

11. ChooChoo

At first, I thought hotel would be meh... but after thinking about it for a while, there... might actually be some creative stuff that can be done for it.

12. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Hotel would be nice, yes :)

13. [M.L.C] AbOoOd

[M.L.C] AbOoOd MG Donor

have u guys thought of some kind of ummm, "pinning" some maps in the vote menu ?? ... i mean, if everyone loves interior, why should they wait 5-7 rounds or maybe more to get to play that map ...

14. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

For obvious reasons, all maps should be played not only a few specific ones. What you will get then is that the majority of regulars on the server will only vote for maps like interior and new or casual players won't get a chance to play their favorite map. At least people have to play my favorite map now, Park ;)

So I think the mapvote system is perfect as it is right now.

15. ChooChoo

I agree. The map vote is fine as is.

16. R.B.

R.B. Guest

I once suggested the motel also, u know that one in some sort of L-form with the little dried up pool. So ya i agree with thse new maps. Maybe take houseboat out of the maplist then. It hasnt gotten any better :$

17. Jost

Jost Game Server Moderator

there was a motel map... online a few days/weeks... and disappeared again...

18. ChooChoo

Well, I got a hammer, and some wooden planks. When do I start? :P

19. Steph

Steph Game Server Moderator

HC ran away and never came back after we were talking about Dead Air map 1 greenhouse.

20. Rivion

Rivion MG Donor

Start with the interior part of the airport. I think the end part is most fun there. From conveyer belts to the end-safehouse. In that broken area with fire there are a few small rooms you can enter. I like that part. Please start there Choo. We need more interior maps, especially since the current interior is loved by all.