1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

New forum software!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Dec 31, 2014.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

As you can see our new forum software is live right now. You can probably also see that this isn't final yet, I don't have a lot experience with web design so it already took me ages to get to this point where everything just 'works', but please remember it's nowhere near finished. I wanted to do more stuff but drinking starts soon so I'll leave everything at this stage for now.

Stats and Sourcebans still count & work, but those webpages can't be accessed just yet. This will probably be something for tomorrow, same as the missing homepage.

To be continued soon!

2. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

Sourcebans page seems to be down, don't know if it is related.

3. marvel

Seems like the chatbox is giving me and others headaches, so it has been disabled for now. We're working on a fix.

4. erik

erik MG Donor

Once "Blog" is re-enabled, I'll either post a basic Q & A there, or sticky-it elsewhere on the forum. I'm trying to cover basic things like "why do I keep getting PM notifications of every single thanks received,?" and that kind of thing. This is an adjustment for all of us, so if you have specific questions or discover a solution to a pain in the butt problem someone else will experience... please send them to me via PM!

5. marvel

Blogs are enabled just go to http://mgftw.com/blogs. There's just no shortcut right now.

6. erik

erik MG Donor

Can't chat in the chatbox. I don't think it's because of my "invisible" status. But if I can't chat... well, lol... Any suggestions?

7. Cocaine

Cocaine Head Administrator

Gooood Work, i know how much work it is to rebuild a forum,

BTW is it possible to get a "Answer" Button or similar to answer directly on a pm ? When i click now on the Message Button Top right corner and want to answer, i have to go first to the INBOX.

8. marvel

Yeah noticed the same thing, it's that 'Inbox Preview' so a preview means you can't do anything but read. It makes no sense to not go straight to the Inbox itself. I'll see if I can fix that. Might take a while though like I said I'm no web dev and I'm surprised how far I already got with some stuff :P

9. marvel

I got most things polished up and working again. If you see anything that's out of order, from stuff which is not working to as simple as a bad button or annoying color let me know and I'll fix it up.