1. Click here to join our community discord server.

New (dedicated server based) Zombie MMORPG (Arma 2:CO Mod)

Discussion in 'DayZ Servers' started by Stefeman, May 16, 2012.

1. ZombieGirl

ZombieGirl Senior Member

Damn!

It took 15 min here to join again.
    And it was a EU server with low ping...
    And as i said,when i joined i had nothing and it was dark again.

I wasnt the only one with this problem...

You said it was a beta version,but people ingame told me it was alpha,thats why i had all the bugs...

Maybe i need to wait a couple of weeks cause this is so frustrating :(

(as if i can restrain myself),it looks so good at youtube )

2. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

When it's dark, you could play in USA server (if your from EU), besides it's made so, that you would need to use flare/chamlight/flashlight if it's dark :P

3. ZombieGirl

ZombieGirl Senior Member

I understand that,but as i was saying,first time when i joined it was morning and the sun came up,15 min later i respawned at the same server and it was dark....
    I thought it worked like real life,sun coming up,daytime and then evening and night time.

I'm confused...

4. jtork

jtork Senior Member

Blame the greeks!! they caused the darknest only after 15 minutes!! wait until they exit EU lol

5. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I played this game but get killed every time, I was scavenging but I can only find ammo and never any guns. You walk around for 2 hours, crawl in the city's to not get detected and then finally when you have some stuff you get killed if a zombie sees you, very frustrating. It's also hard to play with friends and team up since the map is so huge.

6. WeeJocky

WeeJocky Game Server Moderator

Yeah, I got very frustrated when I tried it out. It's a good idea, just poorly executed in several ways. It might improve with development but some things, like the map with its shortage of explorable houses are unlikely to change.

7. marvel

Yeah it's really poorly executed. I mean I don't care that I don't start with a gun, but with an ax I can only chop wood, a hunting knife I can only use to prepare food. Why can't I kill zombies with these weapons?

Give me at least the option to melee, I was stuck in a house being attacked by 4 zombies, there was nothing I could do. Once you get detected you get 3/4 zombies on your back and you can only run, there's no way to defend yourself.

8. Stefeman

Once you get known the map, find a gps, or compass, you can easily meet someone in known landmarks.. i mean, me collector and 4 others were alive for 10 hours untill we got killed by snipers..

If you get noticed by zombie, run into some building and the zombies will stop running and you can then easily use makarov pistol to shoot the zombies..

Surely it's hard when you play alone, but it's not impossible :P With friends who knows the spawning locations for weapons and other stuff, it's quite easy.

9. marvel

I teamed up with a guy, finally found weapons and other stuff like chemlights, then a third guy came shot us and took our stuff :P

10. Stefeman

rofl :D that happens alot :P

Rule number 1: Dont trust anyone unless you know them somehow :P

But gotta admit, the game is epic when you got team mates.

11. Seeker Sheol

Seeker Sheol Senior Member

been watching loads of vids of this mod, thinking about getting arma2 so i can give it a go. some of the vids are crazy guys have manged to build a helicopter and were flying about gunning people down from it, be just my luck to try it and be gunned down by some guys in a heilcopter.

12. marvel

I get killed more by other players than by zombies. It really is too hard, there's no food or water anywhere. If you want a gun you either find a gun with no ammo or a lot of ammo and no guns. Once you're in a big city to find a gun you get shot by some random guy while you just have an ammo clip and maybe a flashlight.

They should really give you a weapon at spawn, at least you make a chance that way. Now it's crawling for 3 hours, avoiding zombies and players while looking for supplies and boom, you're dead and have to start over again.

I know this is the concept of the game but they should work it out a little bit better, I have the feeling that with every patch it's getting harder and harder to survive. It could be a lot more fun would they add more cars that work and more guns. They should at least make it possible to spawn next to each other so you can team up right away.

13. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

Man, that video is hilarious. If you guys need some help when playing, let me know and I will join you. I have had the game for over a year and I know the map quite well, but I guess that doesn't matter too much when you end up running for your life so much.

14. joerve

joerve Senior Member

I think this game just sucks for now. There is no purpose, it lags as hell, its bugged, you cant defend yourself without weapon.
    The concept is great but the execution sucks monkey balls.

And the zombies really look like shit. It looks like they picked regular characters and pasted a zombie photo on their faces.

15. Stefeman

But when you get your hands on a rocket launcher, it's getting very interesting =p

16. jtork

jtork Senior Member

watched some youtube videos of this game and looks interesting but boring ... banding together looks like a hassle, need respawn better location, i guess if you like being patient enough then this is the game for you otherwise I'm stuck with l4d2 lol

17. joerve

joerve Senior Member

this game is great if your unemployed ;)

18. MarksmanR

MarksmanR MG Donor

I haven't played this game in a while already...

This is what happaned last time I played:
    I spawned at the beach at late afternoon, ran south for 15 minutes, saw no-one. So I planted a few flashes, but no-one came (even though there was 30+ players in the server). Then I ran north, it became dark. I ran and ran until I went up mountains, I went to the top of the highest mountain, planted a flash then continued down into the forest. I literally was running through the forest for 3+ fucken hours but there was no-one, just the occasional animal I killed but can't seem to choose "eat meat". Eventually I came to a village, I heard gunshots but saw no-one. There was some zombies, so I killed a few and ran away. A mob of zombies chased after me, I ran out of ammo and went into the ocean to try to escape. But they swam after me and eventually killed me...

4 hours and I never found a survivor.

19. joerve

joerve Senior Member

I teamed up with marvel and my cousin and it totally rulezzzzzzzzzzz!

Your scavenging with 3 people for water food and guns, with sweaty palms,

I was really totally wrong about this game

20. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

How did you organise it so it was just you 3.. did you spawn together?

I'm downloading it now, might have to give this a go.