1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Moving web server

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Jan 11, 2014.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Hi all, our web server is being moved. Some functionality may still be broken because of this. We will fix this soon.

2. marvel

hlstats and sourcebans page are incorrect, they're still logging to the database on the other server so the current info you see is just from a copy of both databases and not current.

3. Penguin

Penguin Guest

out of curiosity what web hosting company is mgftw with?

also this wont effect ingame stats in anyway will it?

4. marvel

Right now everything is hosted with OVH.

And no, but game stats are still logging to the database on the old server, so the information you see in the frontend is wrong right now. Added bans or stats won't show but are still logged.

I will move those tomorrow, I don't want to bring down all game servers on a saturday night which is required for this.

5. Penguin

Penguin Guest

ahh right cool, i cant say i have heard of OVH to be honest.

Yeah that might be a good idea, and if you do it tomorrow night there would be less people playing i would be imagine as its Sunday night.

6. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Don't worry, it's a good host :P

7. Penguin

Penguin Guest

Oh im not doubting them! there has never really been any issues with MG so there clearly better than some hosts out there :P

8. marvel

That's only because we are so good :P

lol no serious you haven't been here long enough, we've had our more than fair share of issues in the past but yes lately things are quite smooth and stable :)

9. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Know a few other guys on OVH - never had problems with it and apparently the support is great.

The higher levels of stability are testament to the work of the admins, props to you guys!

10. Penguin

Penguin Guest

If I ever have need to switch hosts then I might take a look at OVH. So far all I have heard is good things haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

HLSTATSX is not tracking points. Not sure if it is related to moving the server.

12. marvel

Berserker was not tracking, fixed.

13. Vulcan

Vulcan Game Server Moderator

I was just coming back to say the problem fixed itself but I guess it had help :)

14. marvel

lol yeah a problem that fixes itself doesn't exist ;)