1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Maybe a new scenario server at Asia?

Discussion in 'Server Questions / Issues' started by Ben Tinner 【ℓ ღℓ i】, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Is it possible to setup another scenario server at Asia? Because there is only one scenario server in EU and the slots fill up too fast. Also, it allows players at Asia to have better latency and also allows 2 different scenarios to run at once instead of having to wait for one scenario to end before being able to select a different scenario

2. XeroX

XeroX Junior Member

I suggested something similar for the halloween event which I think marvel created and it was empty 24/7 while the other server was full.

3. Horama

Horama MG Donor

Don't forget a sever cost a lot too

4. Well, we already have a Asia server running, so i don't see how cost factors into this (unless I am missing something here)

5. Shaikh Nedab

Shaikh Nedab Active Member

yes they just need to host the server on same ip with different port. but let marvel decide what to do.

6. timkit

timkit MG Donor

This is just my thoughts on this, Marvel however more or less has the final say on it.

If enough players (and this isn't enough right now, you're gonna need a lot more attention than just this) happen to recognize the need for another Scenario server, then if Marvel has the time, money and administration to do so it's possible to have another Scenario server.

However the problem I do see with it is that you cannot guarantee to have both Scenarios filled up to the maximum without sacrificing a lot of ASIA COOP players, forcing COOP to be pretty much empty for minutes to hours on end. Not everyone plays on the same server all the time and this is true for COOP as well. While ASIA is full (most of the time) EU COOP can be empty (however this can vary due to events, time) and vice versa.

7. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

The idea behind scenarios wasn't meant to be 'AFK on the server and wait for someone who can start a scenario to join' and more 'let's play COOP and go to Scenario when someone starts a mission'. It's unlikely we'll add a new server, and it's entirely possible we may have to change things up so people actually play on COOP or do something else instead of just idling.

8. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

The objective of the server was to create UNIQUE stages that the players could clear out. If was also made so people could have fun inside of it. It was not designed for it to be full of idle people the whole time, reducing the amount of players in cooperative games. This is not positive for the community.

I completely deny it. It was not meant to farm. It is supposed to be a rare opportunity (I insist, rare) that players could have to receive more experience. It was either reducing the amount of players, or removing the tickets of everyone to prevent the over-use of the scenario.

Helms deep was not even considered at the start, but of the sake of our players, we ended up adding it.

You are completely forgetting that we are the ones that spend countless hours on this, just to bring a better experience to everyone. Is completely unacceptable for you to throw your critics in such an aggressive way as you are doing right now, and as you did in past events like the valentine one. I won't be silent about it again.

We are doing the best we can to prevent crashes and to improve the overall thing, but all we get are negative comments here, in discord and in steam.

All the decisions we take are after long conversations. So your "I know how to do it better" attitude is not welcomed, unless is done in a constructive manner.

All this said, we will re-think our approach on this and see if we can balance the amount of opportunities to the amount of coop time played.

Tom1993, raz and timkit like this.
  9. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

Permanent and rare are not mutual exclusives. The scenario server is here to stay, but the opportunities to enable a mission are rare.

The Heartbroken tank had the ability to instantly kill with cars from the start and was part of the challenge. It was meant for people to be more aware of their surroundings and to be careful of an abnormal threat.

The halloween garage was closed because it had too many glitching areas on it, in which the tank would get stuck and it would pretty much make the challenge non existant.

We don't state the reasons behind all the decisions because is tiresome. Mute wanted to reduce this with a changelog, but if we start to answer the reason behind every single decision we take on the system, the we would have to respond to absolutely every question we got. This is not a full time job for any of us and we are not here to provide 24/7 support. We will at least try to do, but we do not have the obligation to.

What is the point of playing PR at all if there is no challenge?

The meteors were added in because players were defeating the tank way to quickly and it didn't reflect at all how powerful the tank was supposed to be. It is a tier 4 after all.

Yes, the chance is slim and IS GOING TO BE REWORKED, but the problem is that too many people had tickets from previous events. We are going to rework how they are acquired once most people run out of them, except the admins which aren't counted in our statistics.

It was first made repeatable so that when the opportunity to play the scenario arised, people would be ready to receive their rewards. Again, due to the high amount of tickets people have, we had to reduce it to a daily quest until no more tickets were available. Is NOT for farming all day.

Given all these problems with the tickets, we decided that we had to either remove all tickets, or limit the amount of players to prevent coop from being abandoned altogether.

You pretty much nullified any dialog with us with your attitude, and prove the point that it won't matter what we do, you will always find something to be upset about.

10. Horama

Horama MG Donor

I'm happy to see all that new update on mgftw , problably the better update i see and i'm here neat the begenning ( with the first add mutated tank and 100 new level ) .
    Don't think we aren't happy Honorcde

Just I think the amount enormous of XP needed for new level ( even with a booster ) forced people to play scenario ( like last event permit for me to reach 220 after my unban) at begenning it was just we have ticket but add new rules each day , why did wait people are without ticket like you want at begenning ?

It's like a summer event , and community really like event the next in 3 months .... i dont' think you need add some difficulty , Supreme infernal Tank is by far the harder tank i see , team created strategy against him , they cooperate

Thanks again for your work , watching it on stream , now i know the true amount of work needed , don't let a few ruined your work with mute , the only i see on discord cry it's a kid of 15 years problably didn't understand what is code a game . Thanks mute for work after release too , you don't have many time for you .

Have fun Le Roland

Tom1993 and HonorCode like this.
  11. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

There's feedback, then there's blasting us with 'you're ruining the fun' and other such extremes. If we wanted to ruin the fun we'd close down all PR servers and call it a night. I'm not entirely sure why the 4 slots is such a big deal, one person joins, arranges a mission, and then all the slots are back to normal and anyone can join. If no one can start it, someone leaves and lets someone who can join. If no one wants to leave, do something else and check back occasionally. We have an in game and Discord announcement every time someone starts arranging a Scenario so there's at least some way to know when one is ready both in game and out. You can also leave a global message saying you can start it and maybe someone will leave to let you in.

Yes things are buggy, yes crashes happen, but we've probably spent the better part of the past 4-5 days trying to implement fixes and improvements, and all we've been getting is flak about how it's too hard, (even with something like a 75% win rate?) how 'nothing is being done about the crashes' (again, 4-5 days of work on crashes that are so seemingly random that we have to guess the issue as they don't show up in testing) and now we're 'ruining the fun'. It's times like this where I wonder if it was even a good idea to provide such features if people aren't going to even appreciate the time we put into them and just want everything to be easy with no difficulty or chance to fail.

We're not asking for praise 24/7, but is it so hard to understand that, from our point of view, if people just play on the Scenario server all day every day, they'll reach max level in no time, and then cry that there's 'nothing left to do' and that regular coop will just become boring for them as they don't get anything out of playing it. After all the work on the new tanks and map mutations and quests and no one is going to bother with them because they can just farm on Helms Deep 24/7? We're not just gonna let this happen, we aren't machines that can pump out content at the blink of an eye.

Also your passive aggresive attitude is really quite grating. 'Same for the halloween tank 1 sentence all would be fine but no you just kept silent.' HC probably kept quiet because it's pretty bloody obvious why it was done. People were exploiting the tank to high hell in the garage getting it stuck on the pillar bits, and without reworking the map or putting a fence on every single little crevice not much else could be done.

The reason we haven't said anything about reworking the tickets until now is simply we haven't fully decided on what to do yet. Saying 'oh we're gonna change tickets' without specifics isn't going to help the situation.

raz likes this.
  12. Shaikh Nedab

Shaikh Nedab Active Member

What else you are expecting from the PR server. From the day one it is designed to be more challenging.
    You are right killing tanks nowadays is pain.But also think about the buffs we are getting and one of them is tenacity from 300hp to 5800hp+. Diificutly level increasing but with increase in buffs and skills. HC and Mute doing what they are doing from years. In last i will say dont take it peronally i am just trying to explain clearly.