1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Looking for advanced help.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tricky, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Ok, soooooooo I'm looking to host a web app, preferably for free and publicly available. Here is a link to what I want (kadc.azurewebsites.net) I have all the code, just not sure how to go about getting it on a webpage. I wondered if anyone of you lovely people could donate some time to talk me through the steps?

Thanks for reading.

2. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

I use 000webhost.com for free hosting. It supports php, mysql, ftp and a lot more but it looks like you will not even need any of that. As far as getting it on a webpage, once you sign up for a host you will just upload all the files you have and it will then be on the Internet! Also, nearlyfreespeech is a great host if you want to spend little money but need a reliable host.

3. Penguin

Penguin Guest

im just going to throw this out there, the thing tricky is on about is an asp.net application. i'm not sure how you go about getting one of these on a website...if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions let him know ( and if its complicated ill help him through it :P)

4. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

http://www.arvixe.com/asp_net_web_hosting has pretty cheap ASP.net hosting. I am not an expert in ASP.net but I believe that as long as you publish the ASP.net program to a folder then upload the folder the root directory of a host that supports .net framework and you are all set.

5. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

I assume you already tested it in you local enviroment (basic IIS with ASP.NET). If so, I would go for Ocean's suggetion.