1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Lags

Discussion in 'Server Questions / Issues' started by bloodhand, Apr 22, 2011.

1. bloodhand

bloodhand MG Donor

hey i just wanted to open the thread to complain about the lags here.
    do u know what causes the lags?
    and u thought about a reboot script for the server? so it automatic restart every x hours. so u can avoid that it will be to hardcore with lags.

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

AFAIK you're the only one constantly complaining about lags? maybe it's you? :)

I told you already that a reboot script won't work. It will restart a full 20/20 server in the heat of the game while it might not even be needed.

3. bloodhand

bloodhand MG Donor

no i know it 100% its not even me, just ask raised to hell, koopa or some1 from eu versus PR server. it is often needed to reboot, and how often u do it is ur choice

4. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

Solution?

Have an admin on your Steam friends list. Heck, that's what Steam's for! If they won't do it, then I certainly will, add me. http://steamcommunity.com/id/legitlegend/. Or add any other level 1 admin! Just ask politely and it will be done!

:wave:

5. bloodhand

bloodhand MG Donor

i have nosteam^^ i play with rev emu xD

6. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

Argh! OK. Errrm. Buy the game?

Nah, then you should track the admin down. What server tracking tool do you use?

7. bloodhand

bloodhand MG Donor

i dont know, i just loaded a complete release. its like bought.
    or what u mean with tracking tool?

8. marvel

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Anyway :P Being non-steam doesn't prevent you from creating a steam account and adding people. And if you play the game that much that it always gets laggy for you you should probably buy it anyway :)

9. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

Do that ^^

Do that also ^^

But only true pro's can lol this much:

10. joerve

joerve Senior Member

Funny, the guys that complain the most are member for a week and are nonsteam. ROFLMAO

11. bloodhand

bloodhand MG Donor

and what is the problem? be im not a real member in ur eyes if i have nosteam and are member just a week?
    maybe i play more on ur servers as yourself. then when u would do it u would know that server is very laggy most time of the day

12. joerve

joerve Senior Member

Its not that. We allow no-steam players and are getting in trouble with it just so you can play for free. And the one who is complaining the most is you, who is a forummember for only a week. You should realize how much time some MG administrators are putting into this.

13. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Ive never had lag with PR eu.. and my ping is all the time about 80-90..

14. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

The funny thing is that, i find the EU Coop less laggy than the USA coop :P

15. HighVolt@ge

HighVolt@ge Senior Member

I'm likin this place more an more everyday :nod:

16. marvel

That's just a connection issue. EU has the advantage it's almost directly connected to our backbone, in US the traffic has to travel way further in-land over numerous peers and that's where the lagging begins.

17. L1teHawk

L1teHawk Senior Member

That'll soon change because Google is setting up thousands of miles of fiber optic connections, so one day we'll have a really really fast connection (1 Gb/s download speed anyone?)

18. marvel

Well at least in the US they know how to take care of a ddos attack.