1. Click here to join our community discord server.

L4D1 issues

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Dec 13, 2012.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

There are some issues with L4D1, last Valve patch broke a lot of mods so we need to fix those first in order to restore full functionality which will take some time.

We'll let you know when things are back the way they were again.

2. marvel

L4D1 is down for now until it's fixed, eta tonight or tomorrow.

3. MikaelS

MikaelS Member

Hey hey, can't wait for it to come back up again! :gun::smiley-signs082:

4. marvel

Yeah the last update broke a lot of mods, we need to fix these first or find alternatives.

I hate for it to be down but these things take time.

5. MikaelS

MikaelS Member

We understand that it needs its time if it broke a lot of moods.Thanks for fixing it! Any chance of a Christmas present this year though, Marvel? Have a good one!

6. marvel

I'll try, HC fixed most of the upgrades so they work again but I still need to do more testing. I'll try to fix it tomorrow so hopefully it will be back online somewhere then :)

7. Scorpion

Scorpion Banned

Marv i'm getting reports of the !laseroff command not working at all

Oh and i'm sure i'm not alone in this but i wanna say a massive thank you to you and Headcase for fixing the server :) :whoo:

Merry xmas too Marv :D

8. marvel

Thank HC, he did all the work ;)

Btw. does it go over 8 players because I think it doesn't?

I will check out the laser issue.

9. MikaelS

MikaelS Member

As of right now I cannot join. Browser says there are 8/20 playing, but when I try to connect, every time it says it's full. Atleast it's up eh? I'll wait for one to quit :) I thought I'd point it out in case you were not aware. (Edit: Which if I hadn't been so excited, I would have remembered before writing this post that you are aware of it ;)) )

10. Scorpion

Scorpion Banned

Yeah Marv it does (10v10 vs)

everything is fine apart from the minor !laseroff issue and the amount of players that can join

11. Scorpion

Scorpion Banned

Not headcase lol HonorCode :)

12. marvel

Laser should be fixed. Also I switched to downtown from l4dtoolz because I couldn't join over 8 players which means it's 9v9 right now.

13. marvel

L4D1 still has max player issues, l4dtoolz doesn't seem to work. We are working on a fix for this. I tried downtown but it's too unstable, server keeps crashing with it.

To be continued.

14. Sycorax

Sycorax Member

Did you try this version?

15. marvel

Yes that version has wrong signatures. Luke is currently fixing it. We will have it back online again soon I hope.

16. galningdk

galningdk Junior Member

Anybody out there? We need some help. Let us in!..

17. marvel

Hi all,

L4D is back online, however since plugins are badly updated we are now running it under Windows. There's full functionality, however the zombie character select plugin doesn't work, which means you can't pick SI class with right mouse button. We'll try to fix this later on.

The new IP is 213.247.35.41:27015.

18. Scorpion

Scorpion Banned

Marv has it been shutdown again?

Server was crashing multiple times while i and 1 sometimes 2 players were on it. Since the last crash it's not come back up as from 13:29 UK time (15th Jan)

19. marvel

Yeah it seems to crash, *sigh*. I'll look into it.

Edit: ok removed incapped grenade and spawn alarm cars, these give errors.

Try again.

20. Scorpion

Scorpion Banned

Just tested it with another player and it's still crashing and we're coming across the same issue about 90-95% of the time and that is the witch. (any errors showing?) Every time (roughly) she gets disturbed about50-75% into her attacking the player that's in-capped the game crashes. This also happens on any map that we play (so far we've played on Dead Air (1st level), No Mercy (1st level) and The Sacrifice)

I'm looking out for anything that may be problematic but again this witch "issue" seems to be a factor in some if not all of the crashes.