1. Click here to join our community discord server.

L4D1 Hardcore Versus

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Nov 27, 2014.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Hi all,

I was going through some old backup files and suddenly I found the L4D1 Hardcore Versus mod, must have been a year or so since we last ran that, maybe even longer.

So I decided to put it up again just for fun why not :)

Feel free to connect!

178.33.138.8:27015 mgftw.com | Hardcore Versus

2. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

Huzzah! This should attract some old MG players for sure! :D

3. Scorpion

Scorpion Banned

Yahooooooo!!! Awesome cheers Marv! :D

4. Lovatic

Lovatic MG Donor

YAS! God I miss these servers! This is how I discover MGFTW! :smiley-signs082:

5. marvel

For some reason survivor upgrades ain't working (which basically makes the game impossible for survivors).

I'm working on that.

6. Scorpion

Scorpion Banned

Is it possible to remove the invisible walls Marv?

Also it's not really important but the laser option isn't working either.

Cheers
    Scorp

7. marvel

Yeah the laser is part of survivor upgrades. I'll try to fix that today. I'll take a look at the invisible walls as well.

8. marvel

Aight survivor upgrades (including lasersights) is fixed.

One problem remains where infected bots spawn as hunter but they think they're boomer. Not sure how to fix that but it's a minor issue.

9. Scorpion

Scorpion Banned

Btw are the standard infected mutating into a (for example) Super smoker as well as them going invisible new additions Marv?

10. marvel

Yep they do!

11. marvel

Also fixed the smoker thinks he's hunter stuff and added a few more tanks and witches during the round, should all be good now and make up for a good challenge :)

12. Scorpion

Scorpion Banned

Cheers Marv! :D

Just need some victims......players......yeah players...now -,- :P

13. marvel

We had like 10 people yesterday but it was still full of bugs, let's see if we can get a game going tonight :)

14. Scorpion

Scorpion Banned

Ok after some testing of my own i've figured out that you no longer have the option to choose what infected you want to be (atm it's random and you could be placed anywhere).

Also say you join an empty server and pick infected you'll have with you 9 AI bot infected but what i'm seeing here is when you die a 10th AI bot infected takes "your spot" and you're then waiting for one of the bot infected to die so you can then spawn as infected.

Also (again lol) when tanks spawn they're spawning as bot infected.

Apart from what i've found everything is......Marvelous :P

(and i'm definitely up for a game tonight :D I wanna see this server packed just like it was when i was admin because it was hardcore then) :)

15. marvel

Zombie character select should work, the plugin is loaded. As for the infected bots, yeah that might be an issue, I'll see if I can work around that. Same for the tanks yes they spawn as bots only the director tanks spawn as human so I may have to disable the first.

16. Scorpion

Scorpion Banned

Zombie select isn't working Marv, it's still doing the stuff i posted before

http://i61.tinypic.com/255ksoh.jpg

This is what you get when you're about to spawn but because of the 10 AI making the team "full" it won't let you spawn until one of the AI infected dies.

**Note there is a countdown timer to let you know you're about to spawn but it stays on "Entering spawn mode" until you get assigned a hunter etc at random.

17. erik

erik MG Donor

Reloaded zcs plugin, should work now

18. marvel

Alright I'll revert it back to the other plugin, which means the bug is back where smoker thinks he's hunter etc.

I'll fix that at a later time.

19. Scorpion

Scorpion Banned

omg the smoker cloud is intense when about 5 of them die in the same area lol