1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Karma tank?

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Nova, May 30, 2011.

1. Nova

Nova Senior Member

We have karma charges and karma bitch slaps...

Can we get something going for the tanks?

Karma punch? for when he punches people to instant death
    Karma bash? for when he goes around bashing the floor, causing the survivors to go flying in the air

It happens all the time on no mercy rooftop, and I thought this would be funny, and make doing the same map over and over again more bearable.

The usual karma stuff, slow motion, the music, and the announcement for everyone to enjoy lol

2. {BA} L.

{BA} L. Guest

3. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

I think karma punch would be awesome add, but karma bash would happen too often, which would kill the meaning of whole "karma"

4. Nova

Nova Senior Member

Bashing the floor and sending someone to an instant death zone isn't that easy I believe... I seldom see it.

I like the actual music, it's hilarious lol.

Either way, the karma punch is a must xD. It should be possible to code since the karma charge and the karma bitch slap exist already, and I'm guessing not all that hard since 2 similar codes are already being used :)

5. Hazemberg

Hazemberg Senior Member

What I most like on the karma charges is the slow motion.
    It should be added in karma slaps or even to karma punches.

6. vishus puss

vishus puss MG Donor

Don't forget karma jockey rides!

7. littlebrother

littlebrother MG Donor

What about karma spit..

its when you get to spit at the survivor face while he/she is running... lol

and here are the sounds to complement the karma..

[video=youtube;fhsatdCOFRo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhsatdCOFRo[/video]

They even include the sounds file in the description..

you would love the one at the end, its like in your face survivor..

8. MEV

MEV Member

What I most dlslike on the karma charges is the slow motion.

9. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

You guys misunderstand the whole idea of karma :)

The karma part is where both of you die at the same time. You charge a player off a ledge making him die but you also die - therein lies karma.

Now this wouldn't work because if a tank punches a survivor off a ledge it will mean that the tank has to die too otherwise every time you punch a guy off a ledge it would mean slow-motion every 2 seconds.

10. {BA} L.

{BA} L. Guest

By that logic, we should get rid of Karma Slap too.

11. littlebrother

littlebrother MG Donor

yeah, had the same thought too.. so why boomer don't die when survivors get karma slap.

the survivor died but boomer stay alive..

12. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

Because it was added upon request by a player and it helps keep track of dead players slapped. I agree by my logic it shouldn't work with boomers, but they already have such a short life-span so it is probably best to include them in karmas. I still dont like the idea of Karma Punch, maybe because it's just too much.

13. vishus puss

vishus puss MG Donor

Wow never realized why it was called karma until now...

Might it be wise to rename the karma slap to pimp slap or something? I can't imagine what's worse than a bitch slap though. Even have different music where some girl says "oh no you didn't!"

The slow-mo from karma is actually pretty cool but it does have a bug to it. For some reason all mic chatter is paused until the slow-mo is over and it gets spammed at the end all at once.

A karma jockey makes total sense based on the karma logic AND is hard to pull off. Most of the time the survivor fights back and gets hung up on the ledge! But what to call that, karma humping? :D

14. L1teHawk

L1teHawk Senior Member

I love the Karma Punch idea. If there's a Boomer Bitchslap, why not a Tank Karma Punch off a building? This would be awesome in coop PR since tank punches throw survivors off far into a distance.

It would bring more meaning to the concept IMO :)

Yeah, the tank has loads of HP, but we don't need to constrain ourselves to some set of rules like "the infected must have little HP or die in the process of the karma." We can change the definition itself :)

15. Nova

Nova Senior Member

I understand the explanation of the karma story, but I still think it's a good idea.
    littlebrother did mention it was illogical concerning the boomer slap, and I do agree that they have a short life span and it's pretty much worth the slow-motion sequence when someone gets karma slapped. But then again, if it's to keep track on who's getting wasted by a slap, it's the same for the tank.

The way I see it, there are two case scenarios in which this will take effect:
    1. normal punches into the air and people die crashing on the floor. This is basically like the boomer slap... so it's not the most important
    2. on no mercy roof top, when the tank punches a survivor off the roof.
    The tank basically does a home run with the punch and sends the survivor off to china in a blink of the eye. This is where the karma punch really kicks in.

I know the tank doesn't die easily, but it's still an epic moment to live, and the slow-motion sequence + the music + the music would really kick in and everyone would appreciate it. It would also make dying less painful and more entertaining for the victim, or at least it would for me. lol.

I don't really see the karma-action as the ultimate sacrifice of an infected to kill itself taking a survivor with it, but more like the ultimate sending a survivor off to his death without being able to do anything about it. I mean when you look at the charger, it charges and once you get grabbed, there's nothing you can do but wait for kingdom come, and thus die from a karma charge. When slapped by a boomer, it just sends you to the moon, and there's nothing you can do but fall and die. So when you get punched off the roof of no mercy by a tank, there's nothing you can do, but watch the building distance off in the horizon, and fall to the bottom... There's 0 chance of survival, and that's how most people see the karma-action being based on, I believe.

16. littlebrother

littlebrother MG Donor

Everyone is forgetting about karma spit..

its not easy to spit at a player's face who is running.. lol

17. WitnessX

WitnessX Junior Member

karma spit will be impossible for 100+ping players like me aha...

Someone told me that Karma was the hammer of justice that no one can get away from? LOL?
    like when u got karma slapped/charged, u cant do anything about it. but u can still kill the jocky with knife when its trying to death jock u :D

18. littlebrother

littlebrother MG Donor

when i thought of it again, it should not be karma spit,

as like legend says, when you do karma, both sides must die..

so lets just make it an achievement.. i call it "Faces of Death"

as a spitter, if you can spit on any survivor's face that is running and if you can do it for 3 times successfully, you will earn "Faces of Death"

19. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

honestly.. i think karma charge and karma slap alone is enough.. and if we really want, we could add karma punch for the tank.. but thats the limit.. otheriwse it would happen too often..

also.. keep the slow motion for karma charge only.. like boomer, it dosent have slow motion.. because its only good for chargers :P since punch and slap happens so quickly, so that the sound alone would be more funnier..

if we add something like karma ride and karma spit.. the karma sound (that Tarzan scream) would happen too often and people would lose interest to laugh to the sound or to the karma action..

its popular at the moment, because it happens so rarely.. and thats why people havent got annoyed..

20. Nova

Nova Senior Member

I agree on the slow motion part.
    The karma punch will be rare though, since it can only really happen on the mercy hospital rooftop and hard rain finale (when we fall into the water... lol).

It's good on chargers alone since that's the supreme karma sacrifice, and it'll really make the karma charge keep it's full meaning and potential, and entertainment for all.