1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Karma ban Hidden infected

Discussion in '[L4D2] Hidden Infected' started by BunkerKillar, May 27, 2014.

1. BunkerKillar

BunkerKillar Guest

hello,

i have a question about the Karma ban on the hidden infected Server.
    i have just found this Server a few days ago and LOVE it
    But i have a Problem with the Karma, i am not Shooting like rambo at this server, im playing with intelligence and tactics, but i have maked some bad steps and falls to my dead, from a Roof or something, and my Karma minus was like 200 or something. and when i step on an infected trap mine, it doesnt kill me, but on the wrong place it pushes me from a Roof and my Karma gets down again.

For me is the 5 days ban too hard, and im not only banned from this Server, im banned from all marvelous Servers
    and when my Karma is down, the only way to get it up is playing, and that is dangerous when i have only 100 kama left.

i hope you can Change a Little bit the Settings, because it doesnt makes Maximum fun when im scared to shot someone when i am detectiv or survivor when im sure that he i an infected to 95%
    because the last 5% i dont wanna shot the infected for the ban fear

sorry for my bad english
    i hope you listen to my counsel and reduce the ban time a Little bit
    but i hope you dont misunderstands my counsel, im fully accepting the rules and the ban, is only a suggestion

Big Greeting
    BunkerKiller

2. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

As someone who has played on this server before and has gone up and down in karma like a yo-yo, I can safely say, it's a learning curve. Eventually, you'll end up playing just fine and you wont even be wary of your karma. Just try your best to stick within the game rules and you'll be fine.

3. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

We're already having internal discussion about the console bans and their lenght.

Since i've been banned by console as well, i find it quite hard to get "back on the track" after getting banned with only 100 karma.

I already suggested changing the "100" starting karma to "500" so it's easier to get back to 1000+ which you originally start from. Now it's up to the devs to approve or disapprove that idea.

4. Jost

Jost Game Server Moderator

tips for low karma players (especially for karma under 210)

As survivor:
    - only kill players when you know they are 100% infected (and watch your aim)
    - ignore KOS of other players... THEY CAN BE WRONG!

As infected:
    - use C4's, poison pills, vomit mines... (teamkill with karmaloss (almost) impossible)
    - ignore mines, napalm, etc. (teamkills possible)
    - use AWP, beartraps if you can handle them :P
    - watch the position of your fellows. Escpecially while shooting survivors (fellow hunters die fast) or scratching as hunter.

5. BunkerKillar

BunkerKillar Guest

thanks for the answers

but why is the Karma ban for all marvelous Servers?
    i mean my ban will end at the 31.5.14, and until this date i cant join any mg Servers
    is a Karma ban really so terrible? like a cheater or bad language? thats a Little bit heavy i think

Greetz

6. saymyname200

saymyname200 Junior Member

try to find the server close to empty (under 10 players ) . There are ALWAYS 2 hunters and chances are you will get your turn quite a bit if the server is mostly empty. You get like 10 karma if your team wins (10 matches = 100 karma ) so just try to survive I guess. Also remember that if someone shoots you first you can kill them in 30 seconds without karma loss so if they aren't detective DO IT, take the chance, you may well nick an infected (jerky tactic but if you have 100 karma it's better than nothing I guess ).
    Oh and AVOID buildings and high places or at least ledges. I like to push people for example and since your karma isn't written over your head...
    I think it's quite possible to recover from 100 karma, I once had like 300 and climbed up to 1000 in a few days of very casual play after which reaching 2000 is just a matter of time.
    Oh and I'd actually recommend going for double mines, they guarantee a kill (of course if an inf is near and dies you get banned so you judge the risk )
    Good luck

7. Dr_House

Dr_House Banned

I appreciate you stefeman.i remember your ban but i expected you or another admin reduce your ban lenght but never happened..thats an admin should be like that..rules for everyone.
    Hope see you more in game :)