1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Japan versus server online for testing.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Mar 14, 2012.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Hi all, our new Japan server is online for testing.

113.42.230.134:27015 (20-versus).

Please post any feedback here, thanks!

2. Nova

Nova Senior Member

My new home!

??????????????2????????????? :love:

3. EU gives me better ping as im from India so i guess i wont play in japan server.

Marvel should check this TOP hosting company if he wants to host a server in any part of the world (Including India)

http://www.bsngaming.com/

4. WeeJocky

WeeJocky Game Server Moderator

:P

5. marvel

I just ordered an Indian server for testing.

6. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

320ms from finland (to japan one)

7. which host?

8. Stefeman

I'm quite sure, that it's not from bsngaming atleast..

9. marvel

Loopbyte, I got a discount ;)

10. marvel

No BSN gaming does offer dedicated servers but you won't get root, so you can't run MySQL or anything and they keep it under full control. So yeah that's why they suck. If I rent a dedicated server I want to be able to put Windows 3.11 or Novell Netware on it if I have to ;)

11. Stefeman

Hmm, running l4d2 server with windows 3.11

Worth of testing? I wonder what kind of OS icon sourcebans would give to it.. :D

12. erik

erik MG Donor

Why not?

If it's of no extra cost or what-not, sure why not? The only thing to get from testing is knowledge or some sort of experience.

At the same time, though, it's such an unlikely odd-fellow couple (l4d2 + windows 3,) it makes me ask what your aim is when you consider trying it out...

Either way, if you need help w/ tests or any sort of user-side stuff, let me know, sometimes it's nice to do something different. I also enjoy the troubleshooting.

13. In japan now, the game got stuck as infected killed survivors and now no survivors but round isn't ending..

Looks awesome... even with my 274 ping :P

One thing.. i could only join via SB and not ingame favourites..

14. marvel

lol I wasn't serious guys, L4D would never run on 16-bit Windows, 3.11 wouldn't even run on a quad core cpu :)

I was just saying, when I rent a server I want to do with it what I want, even put 3.11 on it if I wanted to for fun, I was just making a point ;)

15. Stefeman

I did get it, but decided to screw around a bit..

However i wonder about erik :P

16. marvel

lol, well looks like I gave you guys a challenge.

But no I think it would never work, I don't think L4D (server) would even run on Windows NT 4.0 :)

If you are serious of trying Windows 3.11, make sure you download and install Win32S which allows 32-bit executables to run:

http://web.mit.edu/cascon/microsoft/win32sins.htm

But then again, you would probably miss a lot of shared libraries, directx maybe and some other important stuff :)
    I agree though that it would be fun to try and work around the error messages.

Look at this video where they boot Win95 on a Pentium 2.0ghz, from 0:50 and on lol, so fast :P

[video=youtube;lITott75L4o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITott75L4o[/video]

17. Stefeman

but.. will? it blend?

18. VON_BOCK

VON_BOCK Guest

I will be honest, I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I guess I'm just a gamer. :sad_smile:

19. erik

erik MG Donor

Whatchu tryin to say, sucka? :-)

20. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

somehow a "challenge accepted" thought came to my mind. I'll try it on a VPC this weekend :P