1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Is there any way to disable the BGM when getting FR pills?

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by BlueMoonlight, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Just a little bit annoying when crafting since it covers the sounds of SI.

2. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

It might be possible to go into the l4d folder and play all the sounds until you find the one that the pills makes and del it :D

3. Actually I've tried to find that sound and found it's in ~\left4dead2\sound\music\safe . However, after I removed the files in that folder the BGM still played when getting the pills. So I think maybe there's a particular folder containing the same music files but named maybe something like "FR pill" or "FR" I don't know, and the fact is there're no folders like these names and there're too many folders which makes me think it's a waste of time to check them one by one.

And that's what makes me post here to see if anyone know that folder or if there's any other way :unsure:

4. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

You probably want the one in \Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2_dlc2\sound\music\safe instead of in the main folder. From my memory pill crafting plays the L4D1 sound, not L4D2. Even then, I don't know if removing the sound will even work, as it would probably play no sound at all instead.

5. Yes you are right.
    First I removed the files in that folder, and after gettling the pills everything came to be infinitely mute except characters' talking until next round.
    Then I put a fake file with 1sec length into that folder, then after getting the pills everything still came to be mute except characters' talking, but after the same time as the length of the original file the sounds came back.
    It seems that after getting the pills, the system will first disable all the sounds except the characters' to prepare, then search for the files in that folder to play. What I've done is just to change the music to be played but can't intervene that sounds disabling process...
    Anyway it's better than listen to that music over and over again.
    Many thanks :D