1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Important Information for non-steam players.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Hi all,

As you may or may not have noticed our servers have become legit *steam only*. It's not something we chose to do but we were forced to do so by the latest Valve Linux patch which included a new steamclient. So far there's no patch yet to resolve this issue. There is one for Windows servers, not for Linux.

However, with Steam integration support coming to the forums soon and due to legal issues we've had in the past which are still a thread to our community there's very little chance we will move back to non-steam support, even when a new patch will be released.

So if you consider buying the game, please do so before January 2 since L4D2 is now on sale for just $9,99:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

If you bought the game and want your non-steam stats transfered, please post a request in this topic:

http://mgftw.com/showthread.php/4704-Support-I-have-bought-the-game-and-my-stats-need-a-transfer

I will make these transfers first priority now, so if you post a request it should not take more than 24 hours to process it.

L4D2 Giveaway

To soften the pain, MG will give away 4 free legit copies of L4D2 to four different non-steam players. Here are the requirements for this giveaway:

Update 12/22: The give away has been extended, 6 more copies will ship out to non-steam players, please see the new thread:

http://mgftw.com/showthread.php/6130-L4D2-Giveaway-extended!-(non-steam-players-only).

2. Striker

Striker MG Donor

Wow Marvel, that's just awesome of you guys.
    1. for not supporting the non-steam version anymore (I was always against that).
    2. The give away is truly awesome :)

MGFTW FTW :)

3. Zsoka

Zsoka Senior Member

You see that Omeeomai? Go buy the game now lazy bum and get a mic while you're at it! :P

4. unstopable

unstopable Junior Member

5. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

6. marvel

7. Wanted

Wanted MG Donor

8. unstopable

unstopable Junior Member

thank you marvel btw can i make my non steam game to legit one without dl whole game again as my net speed is slow :)

9. Tsunami

Tsunami Senior Member

Nope, you have to download it. Just leave it over-night.

10. Archangel

Archangel Junior Member

11. zercophittecko

zercophittecko Junior Member

12. marvel

Allright one more copy left, who wants it? :)

13. Cocaine

Cocaine Head Administrator

LOL, i cant believe this Thread is so empty....you get something for free and nobody wants it.... :P

14. marvel

Well the requirements are pretty high :)

15. Hazemberg

Hazemberg Senior Member

Luckily I bought a copy of Left 4 Dead 2 to Tsunami before it happens.

16. marvel

Allright guys three people got the game right now and their stats are transfered, we got one more game to give away so if you meet the requirements post here with your info!! Because it's Christmas, the first one that replies will get the full package! So L4D1 + L4D2!

17. Tsunami

Tsunami Senior Member

That's why I love ya! (no homo)

18. unstopable

unstopable Junior Member

Thank you marvel i get l4d2 :)

19. -GothaX-

-GothaX- Member

Even funnier as it gets for me, i haven't print screened my ID, since there wasn't any info of something like this occurring (non steam players unavailable to play anymore). So,

I don't have the game
    My stats are lost

And that's about it. F***

20. marvel

You can find it here: http://mgftw.com/stats/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.