1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Idea for modification of Perks/Points

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by {BA} L., Jan 17, 2011.

1. {BA} L.

{BA} L. Guest

Make it a class based system. I'm not a fan of the points to buy thing, but hey, some people may well be, but my idea primarily concerns the survivors. Perhaps make four or five classes, along the lines of Medic (carries more healing, self revive, more knock downs, only one who can use medkits on self and others), Heavy (working name, but carries more ammo, faster fire rate and more damaging, plus spawns with M60), Grenadier (improved shotgun use, can carry more grenades, and after several kills, will auto spawn more grenades), Berzerker (can use the normal Berzerker mode we already have, but for a bit longer, and perhaps when below 50 health or when most of the team is down). The only reason I suggest this is that most mods seem to focus on and benefit infected, and it would be cool to see something which will make people play as survivors differently, giving people jobs to do.

2. PepsiDay

PepsiDay Guest

Re: Idea for modification of Perks/Points

More teamplay, i agree :)

Hope it will be easier to do then mine idea T.T

3. Collector

Collector Guest

sounds like a MOH:AA game you just descriped.

But it sounds very nice, only thing i think will happen is that a lot of people will get pissed off when new guys join the game and dont know how the mod works and screw it up for everybody.
    I've seen so many dumb people play this game that makes you wonder how they know how to even move around the map.

4. PepsiDay

PepsiDay Guest

<off>
    Or being chocked by smoker, and looking how this guy is shoting tongue, when 1meter awey from me T.T
    </off>
    There's no way to learn newbies which dunno English, belive me.

5. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

That's the problem with modding L4D2, if you make something like this you need all regulars or it is never going to work and yes L4D is mostly played by dumb people or at least by people acting dumb.

Besides, the idea sounds too much like turning L4D2 into TF2. A lot of games have this type of class system already.

6. {BA} L.

{BA} L. Guest

True, and granted, it may be complicated at first, but then look at zombie mods for CS:S servers, a mod which makes it a lot like L4D anyway in principle. I don't think it would feel similar once you're actually playing it, but admittedly, on paper, it does sound kinda TF2 ish.