1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Hunter Pounce

Discussion in 'Server Questions / Issues' started by Mr Zombie, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Mr Zombie

Mr Zombie Senior Member

The problem is when pouncing a Serv. and then try to pounce again onto a
    second Serv. that come to help the first you start the pounce and the transfer
    to the new target starts but then you get pulled back to the original target, so
    you try again and it keeps happening (from same target),
    It has taken me five attempts to get of my victim on to a new one, if im lucky,
    normally it ends in my Hunters death.

Ok, so this may not seem like a bug at times, because it also happens when zombies
    get in the way and block/restrict the second (or more pounces!) off a Serv. and the
    only way off is to jump straight up, but the thing is, it happens even when you have
    clear space ahead, (at ground level), too, with out the need to pounce through any
    Zombies.

Hope that makes sense lol :)

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Re: Hunter Pounce

It does make sense in fact I know exactly what u mean and if I could fix it I would've done so long time ago ;)

It doesn't always happen though, sometimes I can jump from 1 survivor to another 5/6 times with no problems and sometimes you get stuck. What works instead of jumping is melee, if you do one melee you can then repounce or run away. For some reason hunter gets stuck on the survivor I don't know why but I guess it's a valve bug.

The repounce feature is not even a mod, it's just a valve cvar so they are the only ones that can fix it I guess.

3. Sonya

Sonya Member

guys you're totaly lost :D It's not random, this is only and always happening when pounced survivor become incapacitated and you trying repounce, if you know how, you'll find a way

its good to you get stuck on survivor, hunters always wanna pounce to other survivor cuz of some danger, well guess what that survivor who you pounced before is holding you :P cuz you wanna escape death :D and he/she never let you go

if you need to repounce run few feets and then reload pounce ability

I guess I can start some hardcore lessons and tips, ..... tell me guys who did bitchslap as a hunter?
    me... twice, always ended with incaps then pouncing and dying stuff :D
    anyone else did it? its about double stronger than boomer's bitchslap, ... ask Bartek's corpse :D

4. Mr Zombie

Mr Zombie Senior Member

Ok thanks

lol :D

There is some thing else I wanted to ask about, that I had meant to put this in original post.
    It was about these un-named/spontaneous deaths. Deaths that come for no real reason
    unless they are due to spamming about, (ie. as a hunter!), most of them have come when I
    have been a hunter. Just wanted to ask!...Is there a reason for this?...if so what is it?
    So I can maybe avoid dying for no reason :)

5. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

Actually, that happens to me too sometimes, specially when i use the fly option. I'll check if everything is alright.

EDIT: its the self detonate feature that is being the problem. When you use the RELOAD (R) key you will self detonate (burn), but there are some problems with the chat spam. Thats a conflic with the fly one.

Ill try to fix it soon.

6. DeathLoL

DeathLoL Member

two questions:
    On which game and server can you change survivors and on which servers can you self detonate?

7. Sonya

Sonya Member

two questions, one answer: both should be on all L4D1 MG servers

8. Mr Zombie

Mr Zombie Senior Member

I have not had it happen to me when in ghost mode, I don't know if it's skin related, but,
    for my self its, (as I said!), it mostly happens when as a Hunter and to a lesser extent as
    a Smoker, only once has it happened when I am a Boomer and never as a Tank.

[Info]...Just as away of feed back, to help in finding the cause...
    You said it maybe related to the suicide/reload key, if it is auto-triggering for what ever
    reason, it's not activating the suicide in the same way as if I had pressed the key my self
    as there is no burning corpse and the one time it happened with the Boomer, the Boomer
    did not explode, it just fell over, the same happens with the Smoker, the corpse remains
    intact, with no death effect for either the body or effect.

Not sure what you mean about the connecting with chat spam, but just for info sake, I have
    not been using the chat just before insta-death.

but, anyway, thanks for response :)