1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Hunter mode and troubles

Discussion in '[L4D2] Hidden Infected' started by Dr_House, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Dr_House

Dr_House Banned

last time i was playing HI and some player told they want play hunter mode(like no mines c4s etcc.just hunter) but i told i dont wanna play dat mode and at the end i was leaving server and i saw player named "kelvis" typed !voteban.. i just rejoined server and asked them voteban was for WHO? then i recognized he wanted voteban me coz i didnt want play hunter mode and i warned him about dat if he voteban me i will report him...
    nvm if u gonna play huter mode then go ahead and dont buy anything as infcected..nobody can force anyone else to play hunter mode and nobody can voteban or kick players dat dont wanna play hunter mode..
    however if ALL PAYERS want play anymode so they can play it but if someone dont want play dat mode they cant..
    lets discuss about this..
    tnx.
    see u in game.

2. Lord Varys

Lord Varys Junior Member

Hunter mode should be play only when all players agree to play it. Also I'm getting tired of people abusing the !voteban command and I'm pretty sure it's not the first time that guy name Kelvis (or L3WIS) cause trouble and drama in the servers, considering he has been already banned several times.

3. Rivion

Rivion MG Donor

The whole "huntermode" is fun when there is only a couple of players. Because with 5 players the GL gets way overpowered when used in combination with mines.

That being said. If you do not wish to play hunter-mode, that should be fine. The game is Hidden-Inf and not Hunter-Mode-Inf.

I also agree voteban should be used less often. I have a feeling people get votebanned for nearly everything. Every random bullet that hits someone else, or a newb who has no clue.

I also noticed voteban on people who are afk for 10+ rounds. While I approve these people getting kicked. I think a ban is way to much for that.

4. Ampelius

Ampelius MG Donor

It's totally wrong of him to voteban you... We players have the freedom to choose our play-style (of course, abide rules). However, if the majority wants to go ahead with the hunter mode, then just give in and play it out to avoid arguments.

Speaking of Kelvis, yeah he's a bit of a drama kid, always involved in arguments. He calls false kos many times as well. Not to mention the annoying way he addresses me. Best to stay away from such players.

And yes, the !voteban command is misused by many. Just today, I have someone trying to voteban a player off the server for not understanding english and having an unpronounceable Japanese name.

5. saymyname200

saymyname200 Junior Member

Lewis got another player votebanned not long ago if I remember well since there was a thread here. And yes it seems people abuse voteban. We need to restrict some people from using it. I mean I can see the trolling potential in it but it's really not funny (I like fun trolling, that's not it )
    Oh and voteban for anything like 5+ rounds is more than ok in my eyes, especially if the server is nearly full (for lagg reasons and for the fact that others can't join and it can unbalance the teams )

6. Luna Moonfang

Luna Moonfang Junior Member

Well its quite funny because i just talked to Jost yesterday about the same issue - which then got me into this forum.
    I just had the same problem yesterday - ppl wanted to play hunter mode and i said them twice that i dont want to - when i was finally inf my teammate which was pro hunter mode told every1 that we both were. So L3WIS just insta killed me and said thats the penalty when i am not sticking to his rules - this dude is hilarious!

greetings ;)

7. Ampelius

Ampelius MG Donor

A bit off topic but I have a full folder of screenshots that I'm pretty sure can get him a ban. If he still continues like this then I won't hesitate to report him to an admin. "Ampenis..." -.-.

8. erik

erik MG Donor

Well, the bottom line is that this is largely moot, cuz I just banned L3WIS on a "final warning, next ban is perm, no exceptions" basis. :P Yeah, we are well aware of his trolling and griefing both. He has an entire week to think this over, and no, he's not talking his way out of this one.