1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

HI :D

Discussion in 'Introductions & Member Gallery' started by Authentic, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Authentic

Authentic Member

Hello, so I recently notice that I haven't properly introduce myself yet :D so here it goes
    Lets start off that, my name is Jackie and I'm a Canadian. I was born in China but immigrated to Canada when I was 7. I am 17 and I enjoy playing in this server so much! I enjoy how efficient the staff are in helping other members. I also enjoy the community on the forum and in game!

Well I guess thats it :D

Bye bye and have a nice day guys :D

2. joerve

joerve Senior Member

Do you speak/write chinese I guess?

3. Authentic

Authentic Member

I can speak in both Cantonese and Mandarin, but my Mandarin is a bit rusty as I don't speak it that often.
    I can write a bit of Chinese but i prefer to type in pin yin :D

4. joerve

joerve Senior Member

lol pin yin?

never heard of it!

edit: Just looked it up, its simplified chinese :)

5. Authentic

Authentic Member

It is like typing Roman alphabet then transcribing it into Chinese characters

6. L1teHawk

L1teHawk Senior Member

Hi and welcome to the forums Authentic!

7. Nova

Nova Senior Member

Pin yin is actually used to transcribe chinese into our alphabet based on phonetic sounds.
    If anything, it's what allows us non-chinese writers to write in (simplified or traditional) chinese by using our alphabet and having the IME transcribe it into chinese (same thing for japanese, a much more common practice).

We get free language packs with windows 7, so anyone can install the chinese dictionary and keyboard, and give it a shot. It's quite amazing, especially when you read and write chinese (or in my case, japanese)

8. WitnessX

WitnessX Junior Member

cool. I am using a program to translate the simplified chinese characters into traditional :D
    couldn't find a single program of changing pin yin straight into traditional chinese lol..

Hey! You were playing helms deep with me on Sunday :D
    Anyway, welcome and happy gaming!