1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Buff the viability of low level players? (POLL)

Discussion in 'Suggestions Box' started by timkit, Jun 6, 2020.

?

Shall we buff the new players and make them more able to survive?

1. Yes! These changes will help them to do better in mgftw.

83.3%
  2. No. I'm sure they can survive on their own

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. My response is in the forum post below!

16.7%
  1. timkit

timkit MG Donor

During the last few days, I've gone around chatting to a few players, I won't reveal the reason why I did so, but this will be continuing for sometime.

Through these chats and from my own experiences, I can say that the new players and low level players alike may become more viable/buffed up with these suggested changes:

- On every map, at least once per round, give the player entering saferooms messages about using the !cp command to find out everything about themselves. This could best be done in the form of a white notification with the saferoom hint notification sound playing to let them know. This'll also help to let them know that the !cp command does infact exist for them to use.

- Periodically with the !cp command also mention this more using the UI. This can be done using the status text for new / low level players in case they need any reminders about it existing.

- Auto-equip certain buffs on new/low level players until they reach a certain level or know that they can survive on their own, like with that the bots have. This can allow those players to survive for longer.

- With the Knife Buff it isn't a bad idea to let these players also know when they can use it with the white notification, with the hint sound playing to let them know. That way, they won't get stuck pondering about which buttons to use if pinned, if they need to help themselves.

- Give survivors in range of the low level white notifications to know if the new / low level player is pinned or incapacitated. As for this notification it should be able to be enabled/disabled within !settings in case certain players do not want to hear this white notification. This notification should also be disabled once the player in question reaches a certain level or is able to survive on their own.

That's probably it for now, however we should always be doing ourselves a favour to help these new / low level players out of any situation. We'd rather not wanting them to rage quit when they die.

The poll is above! Feel free to give your thoughts on this.

Sяεтzø and Chach like this.
  2. botBot

botBot New Member

Yes, i remember when i first play this, the commands are not very intuitive.. so many different commands and need time to get used to it.

first time player definitely need to know the Control Panel first, then the settings to display some vital information, then the using of bounty and purchasing of buffs..

Quests are another thing most need help with at the beginning, like i have a hard time finding the box during game play to continue with the quest, as some item need to collect or deposit into.

timkit likes this.
  3. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Yeah, mgftw has been known to always be very complex. Even I can't remember all the commands.

knowing that the !cp command existing is one thing but then being able to survive is another.

I do agree, could point out where the supply box is to the new / low level players with a white notification, with the hint sound played to let them know.

4. Sяεтzø

Sяεтzø New Member

I would agree and some newcomer is outta their mind about PR system which only MG have it Got some idea here.

Each time Under 50 Lv. without any upgrade/skills enter saferoom (finish load map or joined the game). A welcome menu popup including shortcut hint for example:
    1. Upgrade - Upgrade your stats
    Chat Command : !Up

2. Skills - Learn new skills
    Chat Command : !Skills

3. Buff - Buy buff and equip buff.
    Chat Command : !buff

4. Control Panel - View your stats and Main Menu
    Chat Command : !cp

( ! ) The menu will appear everytime until player either upgrading it or disable through setting.

timkit likes this.