1. Click here to join our community discord server.

HELP: Game keep crashing on new campaign loads

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SniperX, Aug 6, 2013.

1. SniperX

SniperX Junior Member

Hi Guys, would appreciate any help on this...

Recently my game keeps crashing to the desktop without any error messages.

When I tried to restart the game I will get the error message:

Steam - Error
    Failed to start game (app already running).

The left4dead2.exe process doesn't shows up in the Task Manager and I've to wait a min or so before I can restart the game.

It only happens whenever it's the first map of a new campaign. (I.e After completing the previous finale and we move on to a new campaign, and also on cases when we vote for a map change.)

It doesn't happens in between maps (I.e Loading from map 2 to map 3 as we play the campaign), but it always happen on the first map of a campaign.

I've tried verifying the integrity of game files, updated my GPU drivers and tried reinstalling steam but I'm still having this problem.

The best part? After crashing out of the game for more than 10 times and counting, I realised I'm now at Lvl 1 after rejoining back...

Will appreciate any help.

2. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Well, I already restored your stats but I don't recognize the crash.

I assume you already removed any custom content in your addons or addons/workshop directory?

3. SniperX

SniperX Junior Member

Hey Marvel thanks for the help.

I don't have any custom contents installed.

One thing I've noticed while the game is at the loading screen with the loading bar at the bottom right corner, is that the game window (I play in windowed-mode) always become non-responsive (I.e the window shows Not Responding) for ard 2-3 seconds (when the loading bar reaches ard 30%) during the loading process.

It would then continue to successfully load the game, but would then crash to the desktop once I can start to move my character.

This has been happening for around two weeks or so already.

4. dikew

dikew Member

Maybe you should consider restoring your system, lets take a look at system restore. if it has any recovery before you get this problem then decide

Sent from my C5302

5. SniperX

SniperX Junior Member

Tried reinstalling the game, didn't help... :/

6. Eskimo

Eskimo Junior Member

That is actually quite common, not only in MGFTW. I have experienced this on server normal servers when a vote for a new campaign starts and then everyone crashes. Dont worry, its nothing to do with your game, just not a perfect computer xD

7. TastyFish

TastyFish Member

If it has anything to do with a DXdiag message then change the video options from full screen to window mode (either one). Give that a try.