1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Helms Deep versus

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by HoTGuN, Jul 27, 2012.

1. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

Let me repeat what I said earlier. I declined to path Helms Deep... because I couldn't actually DO pathing on it.

The map is not on the pathing server, so I can't path it, and even when I could once it was on there, I couldn't upload it to the Helms Deep server since I do not have access to it. :\

2. ChooChoo

Huzzah, Luke gave me the map. Now I am able to do pathing for it. :)

3. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

Please try to dont delete the actual ramps or decoration.
    ... It took a lot of work.

4. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

Oh, that's right, the pathing for the outside is already done.

5. ChooChoo

TREES EVERYWHAR!

6. lukemurawski

A lot of you are curious about the new pathing and PR 1.3 Alpha implementation on the upcoming first-ever Helms Deep versus survival event, so here's a sneak peak. Since many of you don't know what a PRev Fire Tank is, here it is also. @pathers: I added more stuff ;)

[video=youtube;Y9m5UH7Q8bg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9m5UH7Q8bg[/video]

Now, what should the rewards be?

7. MetallicA

MetallicA <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

This brings L4D2 to a whole new level .

Well done

8. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

I think We should do a Full-record of this event... Since its the first Helms Deep versus in the world

9. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

WOW that's awesome... Good job at pathing!!! :D and nice background audio...

BTW, guessing... That running fireball with arms.... it's the Fire Tank?

10. lukemurawski

There's only 1 tank in the video, so I'm guessing that's the Fire tank ;) I want to give the Fire Tank more Magic spells, but I'll save that for PR 1.3.1. Once PR 1.3 is released, subsequent updates will release every week or two. This is a big move from PR 1.2 to 1.3, so the base code has a lot of new structural changes. Although there's not much in terms of content, the structural changes enable us to add more content quickly every week or two after release.

11. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

It should be rewarding enough to get to play HD versus!!!

EDIT:: add'l once HD versus is playable someone, or more, should drop a few reviews at l4dmaps.com to come to mgftw.com for some versus fun to get some fresh blood.

12. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

I posted these could be possible Ideas :D

13. lukemurawski

Hmm.. how about we make this really competitive?

The winning team gets 1 frozen Supreme Knight Tank to kill. Also, the last person surviving on the winning team (yes, competition within teams too) gets 15 days of MG Premium access + 1 Vending machine + a once in a life-time inventory item called "Fire Feet" which will ignite your feet with fire (fire is harmless and doesn't affect gameplay-- just effects). The fire feet inventory item doesn't do anything but it's a symbol of your survival abilities in l4d2.

14. Cocaine

Cocaine Head Administrator

lol sounds like tf2 ;)

15. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

There will be 2 Captains which will be the ones that will choose the teams. I personally Chose a Good Cop Player And A Good Vs player

Cunner and Tracer. If any of you see this prepare to choose your teams :D. If any of you doesnt want Another will be chosen :)

16. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

ya know.. This could turn out to be a good map for guildwars.. maybe?

17. The Maniac

The Maniac MG donor

So the captains will choose the teams? From what? From all players on mgftw or is there some kind of application we can make?

18. HighVolt@ge

HighVolt@ge Senior Member

Once u have all the details lined out, create a signup thread for the event. You need to be very clear when, where, & what people need to download to be prepared AHEAD of time...

19. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

Everything person that Wants to participate plus say it here. Soon ill figure out what can we do :)

20. lukemurawski

I think you've misunderstood; everyone can play. The first people to join will be the people who play. As for teams, you can use !teams -> Swap Teams to swap teams with another player to create two balanced teams. If I understood correctly, you guys want team captains who pick teams? That is fine, but under the circumstance that everyone (regardless of level or skill) has the right to play on your team.