1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Helms Deep versus

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by HoTGuN, Jul 27, 2012.

1. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

this map will be the mother of bitchslaps... so i think a little pathing is required to balance the map... if not a single tank can OP the survivors... and the boomers will be the most wanted infected... May I suggest the following?

- Barriers so thete will be make specified bitchslaps/ karma charge points on the walls open points (maybe a ramp from the inside to the open field for chargers)

- Barriers to protect SI on the open field (smokers are too vulnerable on this map, unless they have the infinite lenght tongues that only bots have)

- Increase the normal infected rate of spawn and quantity per horde.

- Water spots on the outer field, maybe on the edge of the map (this may be OP for the survivors but normal tank) without a boomer extinguisher will be dead (specially the low lvl ones). also the boomers will be more focused on bitchslap the survivors.

- I don't know how many ppl can be playing on each side, so there have to be a nice balance here.

- Maybe (JUST maybe) block the team change (not sure if this is possible), so there will be a nice balance of the tems.

- The spitters on the staris of the last stage of the map will OP the survivors, I think i'm fine with this :D

So far i'ts all i got.. :D

Feedback are welcome...

Remember these are just my humble ideas

-Jav

2. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

he said he would only path the original L4D2 campaigns :(

3. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

Nice Ideas :D

4. Chocobo

Chocobo <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

Sorry guys, it can never happen. We tried it before, and it just crash the server every time we try to versus on Helms deep.

5. HighVolt@ge

HighVolt@ge Senior Member

can we atleast give it a try? Valve has actually made alot of improvements lately in L4D2.. Even swamp is bug-free now, first time EVER LOL!

6. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

Just tested my code, and it works great :) We now have Versus Helms Deep.

7. Stoned

Stoned Senior Member

When's the event gonna happen? :D

And we should have an auto-kick after a round since tons of people are going to be waiting in line, and if people just stay in, it won't be fair for those who have been waiting.

8. lukemurawski

I am not sure...

By the way, I talked to Choo Choo and asked him if he could path Helms Deep (so it's more versus-friendly), and he quickly declined. Sorry guys, no pathing for Helms Deep.

9. lukemurawski

I can install the campaign for you if you are willing to path... If not, don't worry, there's no obligation.

10. MarksmanR

MarksmanR MG Donor

I played it in co-op today, rushed to start the ferry and everyone became invincible still. :P

11. HighVolt@ge

HighVolt@ge Senior Member

ya well, VI swamp is now bug free(or it was yesterday). I dont play coop, this is about versus....

So MG is gonna do "buy" stuff in this? That sux, dont pr guys have enough opportunities to play this?

12. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

We tested it yesterday its very cool!!!!!.

PD: The cool thing is that you can handle a Shhaman Or a Knight!!!!

13. Chocobo

Chocobo <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

I see how it is...you just wanted to one up me, huh?

14. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

C'mon, give it a shot, it could be the greatest versus map ever!

15. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

We just pathed Helm's Deep... It looks cool we added some ramps for fast movement and a lot of decoration :P. I know you will like it

16. lukemurawski

HotGun, FarCry, Isldur, david and I spent a long time today pathing the outside of Helms Deep. I have to say, it came out pretty cool :) Great job guys! We can finish pathing the inside of Helms Deep tomorrow.

EDIT: HotGun you posted literally 0.5 seconds before me >_> beat me

17. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

Haha I won :D

18. Tom1993

Tom1993 Head Administrator Staff Member

This is going to be so epic, and the pathing looks awesome.

19. Captain Obviuos

Captain Obviuos MG Donor

Thank you, Luke, really -- that's an awesome idea, and one I'm happy to say is being implemented. Versus is what makes L4D so great. Those of us who play it will enjoy the added dimension, and I think it will encourage others to play it who aren't previously familiar with MG servers, because of the new "Hobbit" movie which is due in December! ;)
    Either way, this is a win for us all!

20. Stoned

Stoned Senior Member

haha, my brother and I are gonna watch that before the world ends ;)