1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Helms Deep versus

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by HoTGuN, Jul 27, 2012.

1. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

Hello Guys!!!!

Yesterday I got an Idea while playing Helms Deep. A versus match there!!! :D

This can be a Special event like 1 per week or something.
    The Team that wins get a Random prize (admins choose)

The team that reaches far through the map wins. Note that in HD there are a lot of tanks... Well how about reduce the number for this Event Maybe only like 5 tanks.

Tell me what do you think

PD: I know its hard coding to do this. But Its just an Idea :D

2. HighVolt@ge

HighVolt@ge Senior Member

I would love to see that idea implemented.. I've never been out of the starting area for helms deep, never seen that map. I dont even wanna mess with it offline lol.

3. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

Good idea, or maybe a Vs. Survival

4. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

Its a vs survival :D

5. I support this idea.

6. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

aaaaaand Choochoo can go crazy with his pathing to make it more interesting. :]

7. zercophittecko

zercophittecko Junior Member

would be interesting but we must correct the map well to put survival mod ;)

8. Stoned

Stoned Senior Member

Isn't this scavenge just without the gas cans? And this idea sounds pretty sweet, but infected can only spawn behind the big rocks where zombies spawn until the upstairs has been unlocked.

9. Smile

Smile MG donor

Cool idea but if it's PR and still doesn't have a buy system then infected will massacre the survivors. If you do add the buy system back then the rounds will take forever because of survivor bounty. I don't see any way to balance it other than to not allow PR levels.

10. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

Upon request, I have programmed a versus mode for helms deep. It still needs extensive testing, and the event will be the first live PR 1.3 server.

11. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

Thanks to all for supporting my Idea Thanks!!!!!

As you should have seen in the first post (mine)I Wrote:

This is a special event and winning team gets a reward.

Well I've thoguth what could those rewards be... Vote for your favourite:

1- Freezed Supreme Knight (since he cant teleport)
    2- 5$ Coupon on MG Store (must ask first if this can be possible)
    3- Cool quantity of Gems Cash, Exp and ES

Also I need a Root admin to be the Host (to watch players playing and to spawn the first reward if its chosen) So please Ask them if they can :D

Note: Buy system wont be enabled so It gets harder for Infecteds and Survivors to Kill and Survive.. Thats why there are cool prizes for the Winning team.

PD: Without buy it becomes more challenging

12. lukemurawski

Disabling !buy needs code on my part xD anyway, there is some code that I still need to test, so I guess I will be the host.

13. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

Winning team will be the one with mre Minutes of Surviving. In case of a tie (almost impossible) Another round will be Played

14. HighVolt@ge

HighVolt@ge Senior Member

I hope this doesn't include any type of "buying"

15. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

No infecteds cant just spawn behind the rocks.. Remember this is not Extreme coop that infecteds are so overpowered that ahve to spawn behind the rocks. In this case Infecteds can spawn anywhere they want. but survivors cant see them spawning (as usual) :D
    If not it would beeasier for survivors to win.. Remember tehre are 4 miniguns and in vs the infecteds dont have 5k health+.. :)

16. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

Also we can do this as a Normal vs server but without rewards. No special event. Like we can have a Normal vs HD server and When it gets the time A random day it can be a special event with the prizes :D. If its Random it can have buy system enabled :D

17. lukemurawski

It will be PR 1.3... I programmed the code for HD Vs right into it. There will be a buy system. The infected team will get a fire tank at the 7 minute mark and a shaman at the 15 minute mark. The PRev fire tank is devastatingly OP, so save up those bounties :P

18. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

Wow ncie idea.. but... whats a fire tank? :P

19. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

Luke I was also wondeirng... DOnt we need Si ladders? or at least some ramps so Infecteds can move quickly through map?

20. lukemurawski

SI ladders are brush entities so I cannot programmatically add them. Choochoo should be able to add ramps and such using our pathing plugin.