1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Helms Deep Completion Rewards?

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Penguin, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Penguin

Penguin Guest

i have a thought that maybe it would be a good idea to get a small rewards for completing helms deep much like you do for finishing a coop game to the end ( i think you do on versus aswell )

I do not mean a large amount but something like 5000 cash for surviving all 30 minutes of it would be pretty good in my eyes. Lets face it does take a good group to actually make it through so it wouldn't be something that would be super easy to achieve.

It could be something that pops up a long side the you won helms deep message at the end, just a thought that's all :)

Whats everyone elses thoughts on this and or how much do you think a good reward would be for it?

2. MetallicA

MetallicA <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

You can farm enough there imo :D

Note: Farming not to be confused with the actual meaning.
    What I meant by 'farming' is 'earning points' :)

3. erik

erik MG Donor

The reward is in the playing of the map.

I've seen at least 10 or 15 people reach max level in a day or two.

Those levels are supposed to take weeks, or more to get.

4. erik

erik MG Donor

Yeah I used to really be adamant about "NO BUY ON HD!" I had good reason: it's survival.

I ate my words a while ago and said "yes, it's at least beatable now."

However, it seems to be taking Versus gamers attention completely. Many versus gamers have come to me asking about this, saying they wish they had versus back.

In a week, it churned-and-burned over 10 level 215 gamers, then the same amount after that. 4,000,000 experience is wayyy too much for 2 games. (1 admin earned that.)

I've got VERY mixed feelings about HD, to be honest, mostly cuz of how much of an anti-store and anti-donation vehicle it is.

5. Who's Ya Daddy

Who's Ya Daddy New Member

Agree with Erik. But seriously I have seen players (some from within my guild) who had stopped playing got back to HD. The rewards in HD are fine as of now & as whatever they are. People who played with us on level 1 became level 40 at the end of the round one of them said "I love this server, Is this always online? Give me the steamgroup of this server" this server On any good game where you get to defeat 2 knights & 1 shaman we get 2million exp, which is good enough.

If you guys can manage a get a 10x booster then you will be 215 in no time. After 215 (its my opinion) people tend to play less. The positive side is that the people who just hit level 200 are planning to buy Enhancers or doing the quests. In a way it has helped a lot of players & ultimately MG

6. MarksmanR

MarksmanR MG Donor

I want MG to make our own stand-alone game, here's $100 million do it now.O-)

7. Penguin

Penguin Guest

After reading this it has actually made me look at helms deep in a different way now. Looking down at the servers at the moment there is practically nobody playing Vs or COOP and the HD server is full. last night it was full ALL night and the other servers didn't fill up. Its actually surprising how much exp you get from HD and most of the time i don't really notice it, but on that note i think it would be a good idea then to maybe reduce the amount of exp that can be earned from the game mode or make it so it is only active every so often with the use of tickets. That was a good system in my opinion.

Now i don't know what type of events happen now on MG (if any) as i have only recently come back to it but back when i used to play i remember it being a lot of fun killing the shaman and knights and when it used to pop up a shaman tank has appeared you would be really happy because of the rewards for killing them. But now they pop up very often in helms deep, to often really in my opinion because i feel like even though there not common tanks i have seen way to much of them and the rewards you get from them e.g. the enhancement stone used to be a privilege to earn or you would have to go buy it from the store.

Helms deep i think is also reducing the amount of money that people are spending on the helms deep store due to how easy it is to farm on there (i don't mean against the rules way) and get lots of exp, money, gems, stones etc. When i used to play before i spent a hell of a lot of money on vending machines and used to pop them down to help me level up (erik you might be able to remember i asked you to help me a lot with these :P ) but i don't really see the need in them now as you can just get a large group of friends jump in helms deep and you will get lots of exp just like that.

I am not going to say that i will stop playing helms deep to stop myself leveling up as easy as i am doing because i really enjoy it. It maybe a little over played at times but it is still a great game mode. I do think though when you think about how easy it is and how it used to be that a lot of people are getting it real easy now...including myself im not going to lie.

It seems to be a shame though that everyone seems to be playing that recently and no body seems to be jumping onto the VS or COOP servers.

I understand that the Asian servers get full quite a bit and there are quite a few people that play on them, i have tried playing on them and it is way to laggy for me. When i try play a game and my ping is like 400+ i would count that as unplayable, i dont mind the US servers where its about 120 ish as that is pretty tolerable.

8. [Nightmare]

[Nightmare] Junior Member

wow seriously that much exp... man i cant believe i missed that... well at least now campaign spawns special tanks without admins now...

9. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

yeah, having a x10 booster during HD was insane. got bored of it though.

10. *Evil*yank33

*Evil*yank33 Junior Member

Just curious, is HD coming back? I picked up a ticket on No mercy CA coop last night, it got me giddy. Never got to try it years ago, never found a golden ticket :o

11. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

IMO I'd say highly unlikely. The rewards gained by playing just one complete playthrough were shockingly high where people would reach max level in a few games. Its basically a power level map and the fun in the servers is, levelling.

12. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

If it will come back, I'd imagine it will be on a ticket-only basis and for a restricted time. Last time, it was fully open without tickets for a couple of weeks and the level ups were crazy.

13. *Evil*yank33

*Evil*yank33 Junior Member

ah right.... i remember for awhile all people were talking about were those tickets :) perhaps, having seen HC's crazy fun tonight, it may have been a special rare reward 'tv set' that could have been something else, but it was a ticket. found it just after the update, i cant wait to see what people find now :D
    all good in the hood :)

14. [Nightmare]

ic how so many ppl jumped to a higher lvl than me by just not playing for a while they are all lvl 215 now :s |:(

15. [Nightmare]

weren't they around for quite a while? i mean i think about a year so ago i got like 3 tickets and their still in my inventory

16. erik

erik MG Donor

Just hold onto them.

If they become 100% obsolete or unecessary, myself or HC or Marvel will purge them from the database.

Until then, just hold onto them.