1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Hacking / vehicle issues 6-5 21:00

Discussion in 'DayZ Servers' started by JorisK, May 6, 2013.

1. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Hi all,

Some sad news: since tonight we had some hackers on the server. One got banned but the other one moved all the cars and some players to Dalnogorsk. As we have a lot of vehicles, this caused mass lag and it forced me to respawn all vehicles.

Even more sad news: there are people on this planet that enjoy this...

Tents with inventories are untouched.

2. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Update: i will try to restore the vehicle tables from a backup. It is yet unknown when the last backup was made.

This restore will case all vehicles to return in the last state, including position and inventory.

3. Kitties

Kitties Head Administrator

Been looking around, and the most recent backup I can find is from April 27th. I'll keep looking, but for the time being, this is what we've got.

4. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Kitties,

These backups are pretty useless, they contain too much old data, but thanks anyways for your help.

For everyone that is expecting a restore: we will not restore the vehicle table so things remain as they are now, our apologies for all the inconvenience . I've configured a new database backup system that backups the entire Taviana database every 15 minutes. More info can be found in the updated FAQ.

5. erik

erik MG Donor

wow, very impressive solution!