1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Gun Stuttering?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chompski, Apr 7, 2015.

1. chompski

chompski Junior Member

So i recently just reach lvl 200, 203 at the moment, and i have just started upgrade the fire rate upgrade... But the thing is it doesnt actually increase my fire rate but instead the guns were stuttering and the sound that coming out is really irritate me...i tried in the normal single player campaign and my guns was not stuttering....this happens to almost all automatic gun (smg, silenced smg, ak47, ssg, m16)

2. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

When you play single player campaign the fire rate is the same as your upgraded fire rate on MG servers?

The stuttering sound is caused because the bullets fire faster then the sound can keep up. The bullet sound file does not have time to finish before the next bullet is shot because the rate is so fast. If you watch the ammo numbers, you will see that even though the gun makes a stutter noise, the clip should be emptying super fast. One work around would be to go to the Left 4 Dead workshop and download a custom gun skin with a different sound attached to it. I like to use the silencer mods on all my guns so they are less annoying. Hope this helps.

3. chompski

chompski Junior Member

Yeah i just realised that it's decreasing faster. But god, it sounded like an old man peeing. Cuuurrr*brief pause*currrrcurrr....haha i tried using some add-ons but still doesnt cover the peeing effect.

4. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

If you really want to, you can just remove the gun fire sound effects. Go to Steam\SteamApps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\sound\weapons , pick a weapon, and remove all the files in the gunfire folder.

5. chompski

chompski Junior Member

so there would be no sound at all? that's kind of weird i guess.... better to have stuttering peeing sound rather than no pee sound i guess...

6. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, all gun firing noises for the ones you delete wont play. I guess you can keep the semi-auto stuff (pistols, snipers, shotguns) as they wont play too fast to cause the sound clashing.

7. chompski

chompski Junior Member

oh well i see. i guess im just gonna keep the peeing effect sound...thx anyway

8. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Soon you will love the peeing sound as you mow down a hoard in one clip!

9. chompski

chompski Junior Member

10. chompski

chompski Junior Member