1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Great Private DayZ Server

Discussion in 'DayZ Servers' started by szSteam_76561198063103420, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Hi, im Mr. Pickles who joined the private DayZ server yesterday.

I wanted to say thank you. After playing DayZ public for about 2 weeks I was getting tired of all the problems.

The experience on the private server was totally refreshing, I was very happy to be enjoying the game much more than before. I think my heart almost exploded after me and my mate in a car ran into a bandit convoy of 1 mini van and 2 dirt bikes (we died lol). You just dont see that on public servers.

The admins are very nice and friendly, even created and gave us our own channel in TS :) Plenty of friendly chat on the side channel in game, good social environment, well populated, and active admins.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work! Will be bringing some more IRL friends over, hopefully we can match the man power of the bandits :P

See you in game ^O^

Mr. Pickles

2. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Hey, Welcome to the party :D

I will also test it out later once i have time from my lessons..

See you in game i guess? :P

3. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

This is really nice to hear :)

But it's up to the players on this server to check whoever they bring in, it's the only decent way to make sure there is absolutely no cheating going on.

4. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

Welcome to the forum as well :)

5. joerve

joerve Senior Member

The big problem is, it is just too easy to cheat on arma2/dayz, and there is no way of proving/knowing somebody is cheating, because
    90% of all cheats arent logged. You can let them register and all that shit, but people pass on there PW to players who arent connected or
    full members of MG.

For all I know everybody is cheating on that server, because there is just no way to find out. You just have to be lucky somebody uses
    a detectable cheat. Ive already experienced some doubtfull things yesterday.

For instance, maphack, or esp isnt detected/logged. How would you EVER know if someone is using them? You would only know if you used the maphack yourself, and
    even then it is still difficult to see if the other player exactly knows where you are.

Say you will be fined 100.000$ when you drive 20 mph to fast, but you know there is absolutely no chance to ever get caught, would you do it if you are in a hurry?

6. joerve

joerve Senior Member

I just see no future for arma2/dayz. I am pretty sure that at least 20% of the users is cheating one way or another atm from my personal experience, and if they get banned,
    just buy a new cd-key for 7 bucks...

And if cheating wasnt enough, there is always the serverhopping, disconnect during a firefight and 20 zillion of other bugs that arent solved.

7. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Oh yeah right there are no cheaters on BF3, CoD etc :')

If you don't want to play with cheaters stop playing games or just play single player :')

I'm almost positive there's no cheating on our private server. Why would any cheater go to all the trouble to join it while there are 3/4 admins on it at any given time and he has a huge risk to get caught and have his key globally banned.

It's only 7 bucks but it's still 7 bucks wasted + a lot of effort to get a new key. Cheaters have about 4000 other servers with no admins on it to choose from and a lot of which are full and connected to the global hive, it's much more interesting to cheat on those rather than a private hive.

8. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

I don't think there are cheaters in the game at the moment, I'm still alive tough i got into plenty of gunfights already.

All we can do right now is just keep the server as updated as possible and install every single anti-cheat script that is available.

Cheating is for n00bs, but people that cheat on private servers are concidered super-n00bs.

I'm playing for a week now and i love it :)

9. PIsturik

PIsturik Guest

Yeah big thx for hosters of this server from KURADI gang too. Feels good to play without hackers and lag and other hive bugs.

CU out at the field or in da air mby ? ;)

10. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Finally a word from the KURADI guys here after 2 weeks of terror lol ;)

Good you guys are on the server, hopefullly more people like you will join it!