1. Click here to join our community discord server.

God tier tanks and Common tanks revamp idea

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by XenoEpsilon, Jan 1, 2015.

1. XenoEpsilon

XenoEpsilon Junior Member

I have thought of an idea during and session on the PR CO-OP servers why don't we make tanks that need a lot of strategy involved.

The only time you would see strategy is when we were up against (Infernal's, or Executioner's) sometimes the shaman's and knight's but mostly alot of tanks including the shamans and knights get mowed down and not even the bomb tanks are feared any more.

So I Thought of this idea of God tier tanks.

God Tier Tanks
    • Can Perform Devastating Attacks That Even High Levels Can't Withstand for long
    • Physical Attacks can do high damage even when players are incapped
    • These Tanks have a passive buff called evolved mutation the person who is under mutation can spread it to other players if touched
    • These tanks can perform one special attack which can instantly kill someone
    • Can summon 2 tanks to help when it's about to die (Shaman or Supreme Knight)
    Requirements To Fight These Tanks
    • You have to kill a tier 3 higher than a knight or shaman
    • Communication between the whole team must be involved
    • MG Admins can only summon these tanks
    • Can only be used once per server
    The common tanks should revamp to have a more powerful and aggressive manner and to use their special attacks more and commons tanks to have one more move to there set.

This help with adding a bit more higher diffuculty and creating strategy's for tanks

2. Hawk

Hawk Member

That's not a bad idea, but admins shouldn't have to spawn it. If theres a full server of all 165+ players it should have a possible chance of spawning. Maybe if there could be a buff like tank lure but like GOD tank lure added for players 165+ with like 3000fr pills and 2,000,000 $ or if that's too much 1500 fr pills 1,000,000 $. Also if theres a full server like that then it should be possible to spawn more if that number stay for another map with about the same average level. But overall its a great idea, here recently its been boring to play coop and people below 200 use it just to level up. Having something like this to add some challenge and thought might really be good for coop. This might attract attention from other players who might just play vs or vi even hi.

3. erik

erik MG Donor

We will be reconsidering some of these factors like tanks, tank types, xp, cash, etc. Right now PR is very saturated, you must understand, and COOP is way, way, way too easy.

Changes will come with these things in mind.

We've tried to structure some PR COOP events the last couple weeks though during all time frames and to accomodate all time zones (everyone gets a chance.) We will do so for another few days or so. As always, we don't announce these types of small events.

4. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

I've been thinking of ways to buff up some of the Tier 1s so they pose a bit more of a threat.

Para - When he does a bile punch, it also launches a small earthquake.
    Drainer - Chance when punching a survivor that the survivor becomes a mini-drainer, draining the health of nearby allies. The afflicted survivor becomes tinted orange similar to that when a player is cursed. The drain won't heal the tank, but just do damage to others.
    Metal - I can't think of anything right now, but it needs something.
    Bomb - Chance when punching to inject organic bomb? Might be a bit too much, not sure.
    Grenadier - Maybe make the grenades stumble the player?
    Ghost - Chance when punching a survivor to make that survivor invisible to others for a short period of time.
    Guardian - Bring back the increased SI spawn rate, but maybe not as extreme as it was when it was first revealed.

These are just some random thoughts I've been happening, because I agree, COOP can be a bit too easy (until the Tier 3s start showing up and wrecking face) and people only really die on finale maps.

5. Hawk

Hawk Member

For metal you could be heavier to pick up like slow survivor when hit by poison tank. Maybe also you cant jump when getting hit, and move slower after getting hit.

6. :x

:x MG Donor

For metal : after getting hit by metal tank just splitter goo to that specific player so that his speed get decrease. Goo works everywhere and to everyone. This might help. Also, if tank gets over goo then it stops burning tank if already in burning state.

7. erik

erik MG Donor

Well... the biggest reason some of these are admin-spawn-only is this: those tanks are quite literally the LAST thing there is to see on MG PR servers. Once you see one, and once you fight one, what's next? Nothing. Nothing at all until something new happens. There has to be some mystique and there has to be some mystery / coveted enemy to fight.

For the most part, all these tanks have SOME chance of spawning.

The only one I can think of that doesn't is the SMT, or, Super Mutated Tank, which only one or two of us can do, anyways.

Right now, admin-spawn-only tanks are in discussion. Since we had to disable the seeking grenade buff just today due to exploitation on COOP severs... clearly the game is too easy. So, for a while, until we're sure all possible exploits are prevented... some of the best tanks very well may become admin-spawn-only.