1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Ghostly Tank Killer (Coop Bug)

Discussion in 'Server Questions / Issues' started by Beecrawler, May 21, 2014.

1. Beecrawler

Beecrawler Guest

I wanted to report a bug which did occur 3 time to me, it consist of a Shaman Tank spawning in a final and having an Ghost Tank to spawn sometime later, when the Shaman is still alive. After 60s or later the Ghost tank will use his active kill skill and "normally" kill a survivor.Well the bug i saw was hat the Ghost tank would slay the Shaman Tank without giving any reward for this Tank.This is pretty awfull then having s Shaman Tank down to 40k is quite a bit of a challenge and getting it stealed away is anoying . Anyway i hope this will be fixed soon.

Wishing you a Fanta-stick Day.
    Beecrawler

2. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Definite bug but funny as hell to imagine a ghost breaking a shaman's spine.

3. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

New challenge: Kill the ghost tank within 1 minute to avoid anything/one dying :)

4. Beecrawler

Beecrawler Guest

Sure,try to kill a invisible,superfast Tank with 45k hp in 1min. Eeeeeaaaaaaaasy . No really now, sure it might be challening but there would be no fun if you fail at this.

Beecrawler

5. Beecrawler

Beecrawler Guest

6. erik

erik MG Donor

IDK... the rewards (ESPECIALLY BOUNTY) are way too generous. I'd be thankful for that much at least.... yeah, I'd be annoyed if a shaman disappeared but until we get it fixed, please don't forget how nice it was of HonorCode to do these new tanks, let alone make the bounty reward so handsome. :)

7. Beecrawler

Beecrawler Guest

Well maybe the bounty reward is to high idk i never really watch out. But there is one thing, i never sayd that im not thankfull for HonorCode's work, i really like the new tanks and i didn't cried about the reward,im playing for fun, but seeing such tanks disapear can frustrate peoples (Voice quest players or simply players who need the enhc stone or the pills).I just wanted to report it and i know that it will take some time to be fixed. Anyway it's pretty rare to have a Shaman and a Ghost spawning in the same map :D.

Beecrawler

8. erik

erik MG Donor

No... you are 100% right man, and I'm not saying you said that. The last 2 weeks have been busier for HC than anyone could imagine and despite school kicking his ass quite literally, he's still managed to produce for both PR & HI.

I know you didn't say that stuff... just making sure there's some breathing room and appreciation! :)

If he doesn't reply to this thread, I'll ask him about the tank-vs-tank thing in COOP. I also plan to ask about other COOP-related issues like the !stuck bug when pulled by smoker randomly.... or perhaps adding an "sm_shove" funcationality when we type !stuck. That way people dont have to go afk all the time (and risk being stuck,) and can also get around the issue until the smoker bug is finally fixed.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Whilst I don't know a fix, and I don't know if you know the specific cause, but from my 'experiments', I've come to notice that the cause of getting stuck is when you try to self revive (holding your crouch key) whilst the special infected are on you. It's not just smokers, but all the SI that do single target damage.

10. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

I noticed this just recently too. I was pulled by a smoker at the time of crouching to try and shoot. Obviously crouch = self heal, as a result I got stuck.

The exact same happened as a hunter pounced me too. I too am fairly sure it's happening because of the self revive while pinned.

11. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

Noticed this on the last weekend...

It was hilarious and a bit frustating xD

12. erik

erik MG Donor

Pretty sure that the smoker-specific part is 100% due to crouching at any time while being pulled. HonorCode's input would be very valued on this one, man. Sorry you guys keep experiencing this. When I'm there or any other admin is, please just type !stuck. Even if stuck doesn't work, we at least know what to do. We can easily use a "shove" command on you which will just stumble you for a brief instant, so you can avoid using afk.

It's cold comfort, I know, but the best we can do until it gets fixed by one of the dev team guys