1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Game: The Secret World

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by erik, Jul 4, 2013.

1. erik

erik MG Donor

I never heard of this and just bought it on a gamble.

http://www.thesecretworld.com/

They supposedly charged a subscription fee and now it's just a one-time purchase. I haven't been so instantly attracted to a game (based on just the previews and screenies) since Grand Theft Auto IV!

Do any of you guys know this game?

PS - I was gonna buy Marvel Heroes DLC... but wanted to ask someone who had it first.

2. evilpaul

evilpaul <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

Looks pretty cool - I like the White Wolf/World of Darkness vibe it has.

3. sk3ith90

sk3ith90 Member

i actually gonna buy it before~ it looks cool when i see the gameplay vid on youtube~ Hahaha

but because of indonesian connection is so slow, i need to reconsider it~ XD

4. evilpaul

evilpaul <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

Good point, low ping is important for MMOs. Australia would probably have worse ping than Indonesia unless there were actual Australian servers!

5. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

Some MMO's will add Asia servers, but that doesn't mean AUS/NZ will have a good connection. If you see a Pacific/Oceania server, it will be AUS based. I think the only good large scale game (in terms of players) to have servers close to me to make it worth playing is Planetside 2.

6. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Idk about this game...

Problem is, I'm comparing everything to Day Z which is like 10 years ahead of all the other games. I checked a couple of youtube vids about this game but they didn't convince me at all to buy it.

I mean if you like it, that's good I wish I did :) I really need a new game at this point but whatever they release it's all garbage.

7. sk3ith90

sk3ith90 Member

well some MMO's add Asia servers, but the problem is the block Indonesia IP... LOL :P

8. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

I'm against this game after watching a youtube video about "why it will fail". The reason it goes from Pay to Play, to Pay once, play forever is because Funcom's subscription basis fails. Funcom did Age of Conan as subscription, when that failed they re-released it and made it to Free to Play.

I'll stick to the better free to play game, Planetside 2. It's free, and is SUPER HUGE in terms of players. I played it last night and it was insane on my new computer. Tanks, aircraft and infantry all on the same enormous battleground, 3 factions all fighting over different sectors, it's what Battlefield 4 needs to be like... plus it's FREE to play and you can unlock things by playing, you don't have to buy anything unless you really want the upper hand early.

I'm also playing GTA IV again, in very high settings.. zomg it's like playing a whole new game.

9. The_Jackal

The_Jackal New Member

It is an interesting game. Unfortunately not available in my area of steam.:?

10. Ping

Ping Guest

I think I got the wrong thread, whoops.