1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Future Upgrades, Skills, Buffs and features

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by HonorCode, Apr 23, 2011.

1. HoTGuN

HoTGuN MG Donor

I think that 200 is O.K :P

2. zipper17

zipper17 Senior Member

hunter suggestion again:

Black and White Pounce:
    if u pounce with max damage(high distance), there is a chance to make survivor become black and white condition,,

Instant Kill Pounce:
    If u pounce with max damage(high distance), there is a chance to instant kill survivor,,

Earth Quake Pounce:
    If u pounce from medium/high distance, there is a random chance to create a big earthquake,,just same as paranoia earthquake effect,,

3. Hazemberg

Hazemberg Senior Member

Make it 200+ over 100 feet jumps.

4. Stoned

Stoned Senior Member

Lol those are some super powerful attacks. I think they could be skills? Or buffs? but that might be too many infected / hunter buffs. Also these will be the most OP things ever haha. Some suggestions here:
    Black and White Pounce: lv 1 - 290ft+ lv 2 - 280ft+ lv 3 - 270ft+ lv4 - 260 ft+ lv5 - 260ft+ lv 6 250ft+ lv7 - 240ft+
    Instant Kill Pounce: lv1 = 0.1 % lv2= 0.2% lv3= 0.4% lv 4= 0.5% lv5 = 0.7% lv6 = 0.9% lv 7 = 1%
    Earth Quake Pounce: (THE HIEGHT OR DMG WILL VARY DEPENDING ON IF THE LAND ON SOMETHING. EVERYONE WILL FLY IF IT HAPPENS.) lv1= 200ft-209ft does 10 dmg////lv2= 210ft-219ft does 15 dmg///// lv3= 220ft-229ft does 20dmg////lv4= 230ft-239ft does 22dmg /// lv5= 240-259ft does 25dmg //// lv6=260ft+ does 30 dmg.
    Those are just some ideas with Zipper :D

5. Jill

Jill Junior Member

yeah yeah, all are good ideas,but, what's about low levels?
    sould be an skill:
    god

6. Jill

Jill Junior Member

instant kill, black and white?, with instant incap and +2 extra damage to incapacited survivors will be enough.

7. Jill

Jill Junior Member

SKILL
    just for one:
    prevents the victim from being stolen by another SI (hunters,smokers,chargers)
    EXAMPLE: a hunter steals your victim while you are smoker.
    (easy points) many people do that.

SKILL
    takeaway:
    when you grab an survivor, gain 1 damage point for each x feets far away from rest of the survivors.
    many high levels have +1000 hp and takes too many time to kill them.

8. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

Do we really need more skills/upgrades? Aren't we high levels already OP enough to kick low/med level players of the park? At this rate, more and more upgrades will be added to the point where high levels will become almost impossible to kill, both as a survivor and infected.. The upgrades should be there so the new players think, i wana be strong like this guy but what we don't want to do is, make the new players rage quit and leave the servers.. Yeah they can play on the coop but not everyone likes to play on the coop and how long would a person need to play on the coop until he can play VS with the high levels? Is level 100 safe enough? What about 140? I personally don't class those levels as high levels until your level 165-170+ but if we keep adding more skills/upgrades then that's just gona make med level players feel like low levels..

9. Nort

Nort Junior Member

the hunter is the weakest, even at maximum upgrade, all it needs is increased claw damage + pounce damage, survivors move that fast that landing a long range pounce is almost impossible

10. zipper17

zipper17 Senior Member

yep hunter is the weakest, or rarely people want to become hunter,,
    we need some sort special skill/mod of hunter momentum,

Spitter = have Sticky goo,def wrecker
    Smoker = have fast drag & move, fast pull smoke,
    Boomer = Bitch slap,fast vomit
    Jockey = invincible, jockeyjump
    Charger = Hypercharge speed, charger pummeled,
    Hunter = repounce, invincible ,,WTF :/ (play barely same with basic/vanilla mode)

but its just suggestion guys ^^ dont take to seriously,,

11. Hazemberg

Hazemberg Senior Member

L4D2 has few maps for hunter, with high places, so 290 feet pounce is kinda hard to do in L4D2, my max was 118.

12. Stoned

Stoned Senior Member

Yes, there are alot of OP stuff. But the hunter is the weakest, so adding some good skills or make it do more dmg would be good.

13. Raised in Hell

Problem with the SI, especially with the hunter is that, 2 bullets from the Veteran pistol and the hunter dies so even if you could do mega jumps or low gravity jumps, then the chances are that good players will kill you in the air with their veteran pistols..

14. Hazemberg

Hazemberg Senior Member

Immunity to Veteran Pistols. It will do damage of regular pistols.

15. Raised in Hell

I don't think immunity from any weapon would be a good idea.. Suppose i have Vet pistols and my ak47 ran out of ammo, one guy far behind or ahead gets pounced by a hunter .. I can't shoot him with the Vet pistols because the hunter is immune and i have no ammo in my ak47 to shoot the hunter .. Also, people are saying make the hunter do more damage then that would mean by the time, i'd get to that hunter to shove him off of the survivor, the survivor would probably already die and then the hunter could also pounce me and kill me because i would be helpless in that situation :attention:

16. Hazemberg

Hazemberg Senior Member

You didn't get what I said. The Veteran will do damage of a regular pistol, the hunter won't be immortal, it will only take longer to kill it.

17. Raised in Hell

hmm even if that was the case, i don't see myself playing as a hunter because hunter on l4d1 is/was what maxed out spitter is on l4d2 and spitter, smokers and boomers are/will still be better than a hunter ..

Spitter - 1 spit can do alot of damage to number of survivors meaning easy XP and bounty ..
    Boomer - Puke or explode, and if acid is dropped after exploding then easy XP and bounty ..
    Smoker - Pull the survivor away to spread the team to make it easier for other SI to attack them and also possible to kill the survivor

Hunter - Yes it can be used to attack a solo rusher or person at the back on his own but it's personal preferences i guess .. Hunter doesn't appeal to me