1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Feel outcasted...

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by riahc3, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riahc3

riahc3 Junior Member

Im new to L4D2 and tryng to find my way around and I found the servers this community has to be OK...

The problem I have is the community itself.

The first time I joined, the level was new to be so I got left behind and died. I asked for someone to come help me but noone didnt. After I died and the next level came up, I asked why noone came. A player explained that the whole server wasnt going to move back for me. Although I think its a bit of fun to try to go all together to rescue another player, I understand.

Yesterday, I had a semirelated issue. We were playing 3-5 players and the safehouse was 30 seconds away at most. I got caught with a spitter and died. Everyone was in the safehouse but obviously it wouldnt finish the level because I hadnt died yet. I asked for help (knowing the safehouse was near) and noone refused to come out 30 seconds and revive me and help me out. Before dying, I remembered this server had a self heal option, so I did it. My health went down to 30% more or less so I was limping and I got to the safehouse. I got pinned by a massive hoard RIGHT AT THE SAFEHOUSE DOOR and noone opened the safehouse door to at least fire random shots to help me out.

I complained because you wanna let me die, fine, cant do anything, but not open the door and at least fire to get them off me? That just seems selfish. I got banned for that (which seems excessive to me but oh well).

I hope it is a temp ban because the server itself is pretty solid (random crashes here and there but normal with max players increased) but sometimes the player on there are rude. Some players are very nice and try to explain things as much as they can to help us new people out, so thank you to those.

Anyways thats my speech :) Thank you for reading

2. erik

erik MG Donor

Yes, I remember you. You're cAmPmAn! if I'm not mistaken. I just got done writing a literal eight paragraph wall of text. I changed my mind and would rather chat with you about it.

THE IMPORTANT PART THAT MATTERS HERE: Your complaint was well-worded, paced, and lucid. I can tell you're sincere about wanting to game here. Good for you: This will only encourage and assure that you'll make friends here.

Regardless of what happened, please come back to the servers. I'll add you on Steam so we can fix this.

Again, regardless of how things played-out, I'm sorry. Stick with it, it'll get easier. You're obviously welcome on our servers.

Ask if you need anything.

3. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Ouch.. that's probly worst thing that could happen.. While there are many people helping each others and going back for team mates, there are also those selfish people who just think about their own scores and rank in hlstats.

Surely if you were half a map behind, you can't really expect anyone to come back for you :P But still, you are more than welcome to join back and give it a new go.

Most of the players are positive and epic team mates to play with though.

4. erik

erik MG Donor

It was a full server and we needed to move on. Reverse-walking a map 20+ completion score points (especially one like c2m4_barns where it's not possible, nor feasible,) would hold-up the entire server. It was just a case of several things; regardless, the importance is this... campman is wanted on the server, and this is not a case of being ostracized.

5. Ian

Ian MG Donor

best to just try and stick with the majority of the team (don't stay towards the back) :) there are many high leveled players who always stay at the back and be the last to help out, probably just playing with the wrong set of players!

6. erik

erik MG Donor

Good input. I think this is proof-positive you're obviously welcomed here. Feel free to reply or we can close the thread if you'd like. See you in-game,

7. hey campman, just wanted to let you know that their are good people in here that will be more than happy to help you. I'm sorry that you had a bad first experience and hopefully things will only get better

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

8. erik

erik MG Donor

Campman has been playing with us for a while since this post. I assume that things are ok now and this thread is no longer needed. Thank you, everyone, for your support. Closing thread for cleanup purposes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.